What's new

What's your TOP favorite television shows? Let's find great TV to watch

At this stage of the game my shows have probably already been listed but the shows I look forward to rather than, "Hey, it's something to watch."

Game Of Thrones*
House Of Cards*
Boardwalk Empire*
Homeland*
Downton Abbey
Sherlock
Orphan Black
Doctor Who
Modern Family (though it's getting pretty spotty lately)
Gotham
Doc Martin (I believe there's one more season if not a small block of episodes still coming)

*I don't have premium cable channels so I have to wait for these to come out on DVD and borrow them from the library. It's a drag to have to wait so long for that to happen but it's kinda nice to plow through a whole season in a couple of days.

Night Court, Cheers, Coach, Perfect Strangers, Seinfeld, Northern Exposure, All in the Family. Basically anything from the early 90's or entire 70's and 80's.

Lately I've been making a point to watch: Gotham, The Curse of Oak Island, and Sleepy Hollow. Past shows include: Northern Exposure, Warehouse 13 and Eureka.

Comedy

Cheers
The IT Crowd
Peep Show
Arrested Development
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Seinfeld
Everybody Loves Raymond
The Big Bang Theory
Modern Family
Family Tree

Drama

The Killing
The Fall
The Sopranos
The Wire
Oz
American Horror Story
The Walking Dead
Dexter
Breaking Bad
Sons of Anarchy
The Shield
The X-Files
Hell on Wheels
True Detective
Game of Thrones

Mini-Series

Band of Brothers
The Pacific
Taken

Many more I can't think of right now and many, many more I want to watch.

My two favorites fall in the UK and US category -

Sherlock (the new BBC version)
Downton Abbey

Yes, I am a bit ashamed to admit that second one. But the Mrs. got me hooked on it. And it's good.

Seriously, though. Both shows are amazing.

My wife and I recently finished the DVD box set of Doc Martin and are now watching the box set of Inspector Lewis. I can't think of any shows on American TV that we watch on a regular basis.

I'm currently watching The Shield with my wife and this is the 3rd time I've committed to watching this series. Definitely one of my all time favs.

Anything by Ken Burns. He is re-releasing Civil War in early September in HD on PBS. Plus, he uploaded several of his older series to YouTube that I'm working my way through right now. I just finished Thomas Jefferson yesterday.

My wife and I just started watching "Twin Peaks" on Amazon prime. That is one kooky TV show and I'm surprised that it even aired on national TV in the late 80's early 90's. It's like a weird (emphasis on the weird) cross between a crime whodunit, a soap opera, and a dash of paranormal thrown in for good measure. We've watched all the first season and I'm really enjoying it so far.

OK, my top ones are:

Falling Skies (just ended)
Gotham
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
The Simpsons
Family Guy
Game of Thrones

I liked Revolution, but that got cancelled. (The last season was done as a comic book.)

The Americans is a good old fashioned Cold War spy series.

$_41A0233d_hires1_FULL.jpg

I'm looking forward to the Sons of Anarchy guy's new ripoff of Game of Thrones. I assume he will stick Peg Bundy in there somewhere, and supposedly some of the rest of the SOA cast will be trading in their motorcycle jackets for armor. It sounds like a spectacular mess. I will probably watch at least the first episode.

Top Bottom