What's new

PIF for the New(er) guys

JMJ -

Alright gents, like the title says, here is a PIF for the new(er) guys. My rules are simple:

1) Be fairly new at this (I'll take your word for it).
2) Not have tried a lot of items (Again, I'll take your word).
3) Simply write 'I'm in.'

Optional:

4) Tell us what you're currently using to shave (because everybody likes to hear what other are using, right?)

Now, on to the items:
Gillette Superspeed (no date code: I cleaned it and shined it up.)
Semogue SOC Boar Brush
Plastic Salsa Lather Bowl (my favorite kind)
Pack (10) of Sharp blades
Pack (5) of Shark Super Stainless
Pinaud Clubman Aftershave
Tube of C.O. Bigelow (Proraso Green, basically)
Stick of Arko (Oh the Scent!!)
A sample of a mystery shaving cream (in the little white container)
Not Pictured: Osma Alum Block (waiting for it to come in the mail)

$IMG_2265.jpg

Now I know you're thinking: What about the tin can? It's a coin bank that I glued shut to be used as a blade bank. Sporting the colors of the flag of Texas (Howdy Y'all!)

This is open World Wide, I'll ship it wherever you are.

I will pick a winner on Friday, December 19 (sometime in the evening Central Time USA).

Good luck.

YBIC
Mike

Last edited:
Nice PIF. Not in.
I'm new-ish at wet shaving, but I have definitely been trying a lot of stuff. Especially AS. So much so, I've had to signup for sabbatical.
A very generous PIF, and good luck to all participants!

Very generous of you. I am in, as I've tried none of the items listed, but am very interested.

i started DE shaving at the end of August, so am still very new. Current set up is:

EJ86bl
Personna Lab blue blades
Baxter of California Silvertip badger brush
Trufitt & Hill preshave oil
Picadilly sandalwood cream, DR Harris Arlington soap and Acca Kappa 1869 soap in rotation
Baxter of California aftershave balm

Very generous of you. I am in, as I've tried none of the items listed, but am very interested.

i started DE shaving at the end of August, so am still very new. Current set up is:

EJ86bl
Personna Lab blue blades
Baxter of California Silvertip badger brush
Trufitt & Hill preshave oil
Picadilly sandalwood cream, DR Harris Arlington soap and Acca Kappa 1869 soap in rotation
Baxter of California aftershave balm

That's a very respectable set up. :thumbup1:

Awesome PIF. I'm currently still using the micro touch one I started with in October, would love to upgrade. And I already know that I LOVE arko. I'm in, thanks!

Wow this looks awesome! Right now I'm using a Utopia razor and Cremo cream. I've been at this for 2-3 weeks now and love the learning. Constantly impressed with the kindness of the folks here. I'm in!

I'm In. Im currently using a De89L, Macca Root Shave Cream, and Macca Root Razor a Relief Balm. Im in the process of trying out new blades right now to see what I like.
Thanks for the opportunity!

I'm in.
I've been back at DE shaving for 6 months after 30some years away. My entire kit exists of a Maggard MR7, stick of Arko, pack of Personna Lab Blues, Omega 10066 boar brush and a chunk of alum. Never tried an aftershave. Never tried any other soap or a cream. Never tried another brush. Thanks for the PIF

I'm in.

Currently using an EJ 89L, Proraso green soap, Tweezerman Badger brush, Astra SP blades. Also have Clubman which I like and Aqua Velva Musk that my wife loves.

I'm in .. and about 2 months into the DE journey, using:
EJ DE 89L
Simpson Colonel
Astra SS blades
Bowl I found at the Goodwill store
A variety of AS samples in search of my wife's favorite.

Top Bottom