What's new

A B&B exclusive contest

Win one of these:

proxy.php

Here is a Christmas gift sure to please the discerning gentleman. This contest will only run a few days in order for the winner to get his free gift in time. This is CONUS only due to shipping regs and the winner will be drawn by random.org.

Here is how you enter:

Tell us about your most memorable Christmas.

Good luck to all and, of course, a Merry Christmas from The Captain, First Mate, Deck Officer Katy and the rest of the Captain's Choice crew!

Wow, I'm in! I remember the christmas when I spoiled all of the gifts I was going to receive. It was the early days of email and my mom didn't know to move items of the inbox.

Most memorable??? The year the tree kept falling over and the look on my dads face. It wasn't as funny 20 years later when it happened to me with my kids. :a13:

$Red-Ryder-AK-47-Ralphie.gif

My most memorable Christmas was when I was 7. It was my first Christmas in the USA. My dad , mom, 3 brothers and myself had fled the our country (Nicaragua) to avoid the war. We were very grateful to be safely celebrating Christmas in the best country in the world.

Count me in.

Most memorable Christmas... 2007. Early December we had a terrible ice storm that crippled the city and had our home without power for almost 2 weeks (fortunately, we had relatives who got their power back after only a couple of days, so we were able to stay with them). By Christmas most of the city and state had power and life was getting back to normal. It was extra good to be in our home with family and heat and a lit up tree that year.

Count me in.

Most memorable Christmas by far was the one where I gave my niece a Cabbage Patch doll. Shortly after Christmas dinner, my (funniest) Uncle and I were watching her playing with it, and both simultaneously realized that it looked exactly like my Mother's second husband (who none of us liked) ... recessed chin and all. The ensuing laughter was contagious, and soon over 12 people were grasping their sides in pain.

I'm in, thanks! I remember one Christmas when I was a kid, getting a really neat erector set-like thing. Not sure why that stands out, but it's a happy memory! I have a hunch, though, that my 3-year-old is about to make me a new favorite memory.

My most memorable Christmas was two years ago, it was my son's first Christmas. We didn't have much, but it was when things like not having a lot stopped mattering to me. Thanks for reminding me of it, and thanks for the contest!

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
My most memorable was almost lighting our house on fire a half of an hour before my dad's side of the family were due to come over. I was 10 at the time and was handling some paper after lighting a candle nearby. Long story short, the paper caught fire which lead to a few other things in the house catching fire, but nothing major. The whole thing happened so fast and scared the crap out me, but it became one of those stories we joke about during Christmas. Not the best Christmas I've had, but the most memorable one.

My most memorable Christmas was when I was 7 and we got a state of the art apple I I GA computer. We were so excited... a week later you couldn't find any games for it. Commodore 64 took all the shelf space. Still a great present.

I can't say any one Christmas when my parents were still living was any more memorable than the other. But my father and I would always make a fresh cut on the living tree, affix it to the stand, and carry it from the garage to the living room. Then he would secure it to the curtain rod, hang the lights, and my sisters would place the ornaments. I usually got to place the angel on the top since I was the tallest. After everything was over, my mother and I would take down the tree and do all the cleanup. I'm in and thanks for the contest!

Christmas 1996. I was a first time father and my parents first time grandparents. My mom and dad got into an argument just before Christmas over the premature consumption of cookies reserved for the big day. So, my dad ditches Christmas and drives up to the family ski house in Vermont.

Adding insult to injury, my son was uncharacteristiclly miserable all day. Nothing we did would soothe his foul mood. By late evening we found out why. He was teething all day and his first tooth popped releasing his agony.

After Christmas, everything returned to normal when we vacationed in Vermont. My dad apologized for the now famous (to us) cookie incident and my son returned to his old happy self (though he would lose that tooth later on, but that is a tale for another day).

I must have been 8 or 9... packed both sides of the family into our little house. Everyone was there, and that was awesome!

I'm in. I personally have 2 right now and they were the last 2 I had with my grandmother and grandfather. So Christmas of 88 and 03. Thanks for an awesome contest!

I am in, my most memorable was Christmas with my daughter for the first time. And I look forward to this year, her second!

I recall the first Christmas with my wife. We got one of these Norfolk Pine trees and put on a few tiny ball ornaments. We put it up on a small table and put the few presents on the floor below. It wasn't much but it was perfect that year.

proxy.php

Top Bottom