What's new

We know who we love for soap, but who do you love or not love for service?

Love:
Through the Fire
The Shave Network (VintageStraightRazor.com/StraighRazors.com)
Maggards (their sight and my browser do not get along so I have to call them almost every time I order)
Seifenglatt (wanted to sniff their cranberry so they added a small stick to my order - which SWMBO immediately commendeered)

Not so much
Nevermore - Never answered my emails

Last edited:
BEST Service:

Maggards: Just the most exceptional service you can ever encounter. That includes insanely fast shipping and furthermore, if any situation arises (like USPS sending the package to another country) they are always willing to help and respond just mins after contacting them. Just can't get any better than Maggard.

Italian Barber: Fast service, good selection and very reliable. Top service overall.

How to Grow a Mustache / Phoenix - Really fast service and no problems whatsoever with wrong address or anything. I can always buy with confidence from Douglas.

Ikon Razor - Another great vendor. Extremely fast service (as fast as Maggards) and they even send blades samples with the orders I have placed.

Bad Experiences:

Stirling: The shipping address which my product was sent to, had nothing to do with my address. This led the package to be marked as (undeliverable) and was scheduled to be sent back to sender. I was just lucky to have called the postal office 10 mins before they were sending it back. I contacted Stirling support (right when I saw the status as undeliverable, before calling USPS) and they said they sent it to the right address and theres nothing they could do (which was a total lie, as I checked once I received the package. Won't buy again.

No negative experiences yet, Rod from Stirling, Sue from MB and Larry over at whipped dog are fantastic.

Can't say I've really had bad service from any soap maker. Some of the artisan shipping times or stocked items are a little slow, but I know that going in.

i think pretty much everyone i have dealt with in the end was amazing. a few standouts are joe at ib, phil at bullgoose is always amazing, vintage scent has always treated me well, shaving.ie chris is great, and i know some will hate me for this but greg at ikon. i have nothing bad to say about him the one time i did have an issue he immediately shipped out a replacement top cap.

i know they are not all soap makers but as vendors they were awesome! there was only one time i had any real issues with a vendor and i just do not order from them anymore.

I've bought from almost all of the major wet shaving vendors and almost all provide superb service. I'm almost reluctant to list them all for fear of missing one. I've gotten to know some of them on an email/social media basis and watched some of them go from start-up to established business - they are on the whole exceptional, hard working people.

It's important to know that most of them all start in there homes, go through a real learning curve, run into a point where the business is too much for one person, but not enough to pay for staff and of course all deal with the "stuff" that human beings run into and see their business suffer as it falls into one of those cracks that life occasionally presents.

I want to give a special shout out to Chris as shaving.ie. I've told this story before, but I had placed a large order for Polysilver Super Iridium blades. It was my first order from shaving.ie, and somehow the parcel got lost between the Irish postal service/USPS and my house. After a few weeks I emailed Chris and he suggested that the parcel was perhaps in customs. After a few more weeks, I emailed him that I hadn't received the package - he immediately refunded my full purchase amount.

Well don't you know, a week later (five weeks after Chris shipped), the parcel shows up at my doorstep, very banged up and wet on the outside. I took photos, opened the package and found the well packed blades inside to be dry, but the cardboard card that held the blades boxes was damp. I emailed Chris right away to tell him the good news and asked him to invoice me again.

He insisted on charging me only 50% for my trouble. How can you beat that kind of customer service?

WestCoast Shaving. They are top notch with what they stock and their service.

Same here. I order almost everything from WCS.

Vintageblades was very helpful in the 2 times I've contacted them as well. Once with a shedding brush which was taken care of immediately, no questions asked. The other was just to see if they had a particular item in stock.

Mostly all have provided very good service. Vintage blades, Straight Razor Designs, Maggards, Shoeboxshaveshop, Mystic waters and Mama Bears come to mind as standouts.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
As a wetshaving noob, I've only gone through Straight Razor Designs and the service was good. I haven't had any situations to deem them exceptional, but I've had no problems either.

Might have to go to Maggard's next time. I just realized I drive within 10-15 mile of their store every couple of months.

I have had great experiences with Italian Barber, Fendrihan, Connaught Shaving, Larry of Whipped Dog and so far am pleased with the communication and detail from CaptainMurphy and Chris at razorplate regarding a gillette slim cleaning and replate.

I hope to try more vendors as time goes on.

I have had good service from every one I've tried. Some were a little slow to ship but like another member stated, we usually know that going in.

Most are great.

Only -ve experience so far was with Strop Shoppe. It took them 1+ month to ship. No responses to emails. I moved on and never bought again.

Most have been mentioned. West Coast, Royal Shave, Maggard's, Los Angeles Shaving Company, and Italian Barber are some of the standouts. We are lucky to have so many quality vendors to choose from.

I ordered from The Handlebar Supply and had a delay in my order processing, once Garret became aware he personally called and went over my order, offered free shipping and shipped it out immediately with samples included.. Excellent personal service. Order with confidence.

Top Bottom