What's new

Stomach Sleeping Mustache Issue.

I don't know about any of you guys but I'm a stomach sleeper myself so my face is laying side down on my pillow at night.

Whenever I get to a certain length for my mustache I find that I have mornings where some of my mustache hair is literally bent up or out from being slept on.

Sometime they don't even want to calm down with wax or glue! I think it's partly because my mustache hair is a bit wiry and can be bent.

I'm sure it would help if I took showers in the morning instead of at night but my work and schedule demand otherwise.

Anyone else having this issue or found a fix for it?

ROFL you know I'd never live that down with my wife right? :huh: I wouldn't even want to think of the comments she would come up with hah!

Then I assume my suggestion is out of the question.

$hannibal_mask_by_psychoslasher13-d6ewyk5.jpg

have you tried applying some beard oil or similar product before bed? I do sometimes and it seems to help keep the hair conditioned and pliable through the night, it may not solve the problem, but it may make the hair more manageable and easier to fix in the AM.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
If you shower at night, you can still wet the 'stache in the morning, "flip" it to get the excess water out so you're not dribbling everywhere, and go about some of your business while the moisture soaks in, then groom it as normal.

strop

Now half as wise
You asked!:lol::lol:

The other thing to try is to apply some wax, comb or brush it in, and halfway shape it. Finish whatever else you do in the morning and then come back and apply more wax after the first has had a chance to set up a little.

Do a little stache shampoo in the morning over the sink? I find it helps to straighten everything out.

When I grew my beard out for my wedding, I took a long strip of thin cotton and I would wrap it around my face after I washed up and while I was getting ready for work. Think like tying a head band but over your mouth/stache area. It worked wonders to help tame my strays and keep me presentable.

I don't know about any of you guys but I'm a stomach sleeper myself so my face is laying side down on my pillow at night.

Whenever I get to a certain length for my mustache I find that I have mornings where some of my mustache hair is literally bent up or out from being slept on.

Sometime they don't even want to calm down with wax or glue! I think it's partly because my mustache hair is a bit wiry and can be bent.

I'm sure it would help if I took showers in the morning instead of at night but my work and schedule demand otherwise.

Anyone else having this issue or found a fix for it?

Hot towel treatment with some Noxzema rubbed in. rinse and apply your beard lube.

Top Bottom