What's new

Small puncture in Proraso metal tube

Today I decided to use one of those tube keys on my Proraso and when I did a little hole appeared. Since the cream is now past that point is it okay or should I figure out a way to seal that (maybe a dab of super glue) to avoid it drying out from the back?

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
A piece of tape will do. No joke.

+1 That's what I would do.

I do use those keys as I found that the end of the counter is flat enough to squeeze anything out of a tube (shave cream, toothpaste) without damaging the tube.

I bought some of the Pré de Provence keys from WCS but that hasn't happened to any of mine. Since you mentioned the cream is already past that point I doubt it will dry out but to be on the safe side, I'd go ahead and seal it like the others have mentioned.

This tends to happen with metal/foil tubes. Happens to my Proraso shaving cream tubes once in a while. The trick to avoiding it is to not fold back on any portion of the tube once it's already been folded in or forward. But overall those small one or two puncture holes really don't affect anything as far as I can tell, especially once you roll past them. When traveling on a plane, if my tube has a small hole developed on the tube edge, then I simply take a needle nose pliers and crimp it flat. That seems to prevent any oozing, but only works when the hole is on the flat side edge of the tube where they almost always develop (when they do occasionally develop). Foil/metal tubes have this tendency.

I agree with the guys that mentioned tape..this happened to me with a tube of Palmolive and I just put some electrical tape (any tape should do, that is what I had on hand haha) over the hole. That was over a month ago and there has been no adverse affects to the cream.

Top Bottom