What's new

L'Occitane Plisson Brush may be a limited edition

oh man i wish they would break one out of a set for me. our store said she was told they do not think they will be getting more

That's where I got mine!!! They had to break it out of a set...trying it tomorrow.
Really? When I was there they had a couple on display and at already 2 more in the drawer...along with the travel brushes. I had no idea they would move in OP that fast.[emoji50]

I grabbed one week before last, and it has both Plisson and L'Occitane on the handle. Is there a difference in the fibers, or are people just going after real wood in the previous one?

I grabbed one week before last, and it has both Plisson and L'Occitane on the handle. Is there a difference in the fibers, or are people just going after real wood in the previous one?

AFAIK - there are two of these brushes -- one that says only Plisson (older) and the other that says Plisson for L'Occitane. Both have the same wood handle and the same fibers.

Only in this thread I have been hearing of speculation that there may be a future brush that is made without the wood handle. I don't think those brushes are available in stores or online yet.

I will try to buy a couple more of the wood-handled ones. I bought two originally and I like it so much that I'd like to keep a supply of them especially at this price.

I think I heard somewhere that the shape of the knot changed. In one of the Youtube ShaveBusta videos he says that the newer knots are more bulb-shaped that the original.

Found it...

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought a 2nd one today - just in case. It might be the new model.
It has the same knot and handle size/shape as the previous loccitane one, but is now stained a dark brown with a satin finish to match the Plisson razor that loccitane sells (which uses a fusion head).
The stain is semi transparent so the wood grain is very evident. It looks like oak, but without open pores.
The handle is slightly heavier than the old one with the gloss black paint. My guess is that it's bicote wood.

I ordered one today. I'd been on a wetshaving buying moratorium for quite a long while, but I came across a couple of threads about the brush. I figure I can't go wrong for $32 shipped (w/tax). I don't have a synthetic brush so I thought I'd give it a try. Something to look forward to in the new year :^)

Just received an email from them saying the brushes are back in stock online.

http://usa.loccitane.com/cade-shavi...1,388683.htm?gclid=CJTdxu3W8MICFYtAMgodyhAAEA

I ordered one today. I'd been on a wetshaving buying moratorium for quite a long while, but I came across a couple of threads about the brush. I figure I can't go wrong for $32 shipped (w/tax). I don't have a synthetic brush so I thought I'd give it a try. Something to look forward to in the new year :^)

Cracked me up!

Well seeing that the supplies seem to be replenished I tried mine today. It has a little back bone and was enough to make a great lather with the L occtain soap. I all ways shy'ed away from synthetics because of bad press, but know I don't know why? I love the feel and I know it could be made with a little more back bone and be a great brush.

The Plisson synthetic is a nice brush but does lack backbone. If you want a soft synthetic brush with more backbone try a Muhle STF in a 23mm knot. To me it is the perfect brush. Muhle has been making brushes a very long time.

I came home yesterday from a short vacation to find my brush waiting for me on my doorstep. Having not shaved in 3 days, I decided to try it out as soon as I unpacked.

I lathered up a few triple milled soaps with it...Tabac, MWF, and a vintage puck of unknown origin. In all three cases the brush was easily up to the task of creating wonderful, yogurt-like lather in short order. It's easy to shake too much water out of the brush, but just as easy to add a few drops to the puck and get exactly what I wanted.

I felt the brush held lather well yet easily released the amounted I wanted. Holding more than enough for 3 passes is not a problem.

From the reviews I'd read I expected it to be quite floppy, but I found it to have plenty of backbone for face lathering. While the tips were soft, they weren't as soft as my only other synthetic, the Muhle HJM. While I like the HJM, the Plisson/L'Occitane brush is better in every respect and the HJM will not be relegated to a traveling brush.

This Plisson/L'Occitane brush will likely be the last synthetic brush I buy and it's certainly dampened my urge to buy a big badger brush.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I received mine yesterday, and it felt great right out of the box. I had already shaved when it showed up, and I might be taking the day off, so any further reports will have to wait. It will be the brush for the next shave, though, and I am looking forward to it.

TL

I wandered into a L'Occitane store in Richmond yesterday, and I was compelled to purchase the Plisson. Wow, that thing is soft. If it performs reasonably well, that $30 will have been well spent. The sales clerk also loaded my bag with Cade aftershave balm samples for a bonus. It was a good day. I wish I could have bought some Eau de Bavx cologne, but I have too many recent frag acquisitions.

I wandered into a L'Occitane store in Richmond yesterday, and I was compelled to purchase the Plisson. Wow, that thing is soft. If it performs reasonably well, that $30 will have been well spent. The sales clerk also loaded my bag with Cade aftershave balm samples for a bonus. It was a good day. I wish I could have bought some Eau de Bavx cologne, but I have too many recent frag acquisitions.

My sales associate also gave me Cade AS balm samples when I bought the brush. Used the balm once and went right back to the store to get a full tube. On my skin in this cold weather that balm is fantastic.

Top Bottom