What's new

So you found your perfect soap, how long and how often

I'm curious about this. You have found a really great soap and it moves to #1 most used soap. How long have you used the soap and how many times per week do you use it?

My current favorite is EJ Cooling Menthol; I got it about 6 weeks ago and have used it about 3 days a week sometimes 4. I have no clue what the scent is but it isn't menthol scented.

Mystic Water = every day (just about unless I want to use up my other soap!I should state that I have 9 different scents, so it isn't that I am only using one scent!) :biggrin1:

Queen Charlotte Soaps Iced Key Lime. Got a sample a few weeks ago and I've used it every day since. I got to get some more.

I discovered/began shaving with TOBS. Til this day it remains as my number one! I got some others I absolutely love, but TOBS is my lady!.. besides my wife of course, who's casually standing right behind me as I wrote this lmao

Mystic Water = every day (just about unless I want to use up my other soap!I should state that I have 9 different scents, so it isn't that I am only using one scent!) :biggrin1:
I do use one scent of Mystic Water soaps at a time. I too have a lot of them... :whistling:

I've learned the joys of 3017'ing. I use a soap from start to finish now and have learned a few things. 1) It takes me about 2 weeks of daily use to really nail down the soap/water ratio. 2) After 2 weeks of daily use I can get a good lather from almost any soap. 3) I revisited some soaps I had previously given up on and after using them every day learned what I was doing wrong before and found them to be good products.

Yes- load it like you hate it and the soap will reveal it's true nature! :thumbup1:

Bingo. After not using Stirling for a couple weeks I made a really lousy lather because I had "adapted" to other soaps requiring less of a load. No more of that nonsense. Everything gets loaded like crazy now. What's the worst that can happen?

"OH NO! I MADE TOO MUCH AMAZING LATHER!"

It's not like I'm gonna be running low on anything in the near future...

If I didn't add soaps to my collection... which inevitably makes all my other soaps see less and less use; I'd probably use my favorite soap 30-50% of the time... IF it had scent. Without scent, 20-30%.

TOBS is great, older C&E is also very good. My current favorite is Arko, seeing use a couple times a week. Next up is a toss up between Tabac and RR Captains Choice Bay Rum, both getting use at least once a week. Then I have some Vulfix creams - Lime and Lavender - hard to beat. And some Proraso and Edwin Jagger and CO Bigelo and AOS and ...

I'm working my way through a Barrister and Mann sampler right now, savoribg the scents I like and "loading it like I hate it" on the ones I don't. Saville was a favorite (puck on the way) and I hated Roam at first and liked it by the last shave. Go figure.

I bought a puck of MWF in the ceramic bowl four months ago, since then it's been used most nights, probably four or five times a week. It lives in the bathroom, other soaps just get guest appearances these days.

The issue is not whether or not I have found the 'perfect' soap. I have found many great soaps that I will replace in the collection. The question lies in what soaps that I have yet to try that may be better. The rabbit hole goes deep... :lol:

The issue is not whether or not I have found the 'perfect' soap. I have found many great soaps that I will replace in the collection. The question lies in what soaps that I have yet to try that may be better. The rabbit hole goes deep... :lol:
This may seem like a daunting task but it is the only way to be sure you don't miss anything.

$Soap rotation.jpg

:wink2:

I'd have to second that vote for MWF. Twice, maybe three times a week it gets used, and the puck doesn't seem to be getting any smaller. Excellent product.

My first favorite soap was the old "tallow first" AoS. I used it three to five days a week on average, but I did use one puck of lavender everyday for about two months until it was gone. Then it was discontinued.

My second favorite soap was MdC, I would use it for several days in a row and then put it away for awhile. I still do this.

My current favorite soap is Barrister and Mann Lavanille. This is the only soap besides the AoS that I have used everyday for two months straight. Currently, I use Lavanille between five and seven days a week. I assume I will grow tired of Lavanille, but for now, it's what I grab every morning, or wish I had.

Top Bottom