What's new

So you found your perfect soap, how long and how often

I started off with VDH Deluxe. Moved on to Arko which I liked much more. Then on to Cella which worked as well as Arko with a better scent. Perhaps two months to this point. I've tried several others since then( Derby cream, MWF, Omega tub, Ogallala, Palmolive stick, La Toja, Speick ) but Cella and Arko remain in my rotation ( at least once a week )with Cella as my best all around performer.

I'll third the vote for MWF. Today was my second time using it and both times I question why I'm using anything else - except for the scents that others offer. I think I might start using MWF on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays (M-W-F), but I probably won't be able to resist my other soaps which have enticing scents.

Rose and almond are being pushed to one side. I have been loving TFS Bergamotto Neroli soap.

A while back I ordered a puck of St Charles Soap Rosa Damascena. I threw a puck of their Neroli soap into my cart. Oh, man, it is good. I used it the past two nights, and it's up for #3 shave tonight. Creamy, luxurious lather, plus a crisp and authentic appealing neroli scent.

We could have desert island material here. I have to explore other neroli products, once my restraint handcuffs fall off. Right now, I am using 4711 cologne and 444 aftershave gel. Suggestions?

I've learned the joys of 3017'ing. I use a soap from start to finish now and have learned a few things. 1) It takes me about 2 weeks of daily use to really nail down the soap/water ratio. 2) After 2 weeks of daily use I can get a good lather from almost any soap. 3) I revisited some soaps I had previously given up on and after using them every day learned what I was doing wrong before and found them to be good products.
I Have exactly the same experience. Recently I've started to decimate my stock by using up one soap/cream at the time
Edit: This doesn't apply to new Trumper soaps. To me they are worthless.

Last edited:
razorock don marco hard intense ( not the croap version). Use it 3 times a week. have had it for 6 months....yes it has lasted a very long time...i figure i have about 10 more shaves left. Wish i could find it again, would reorder in a heart beat.

Last edited:
I counted my soaps this morning and discovered I have 19, I am out of control. My Favorite is XPEC, followed by MdC, then it gets crazy, I love B&M, but then I have narrowed down to soaps I like, and soaps I don't. I am not sure why I don't use my Love soaps every day. I think I am always looking for "better". I have Mikes, MWF, CRSW, PAA, & Stirling who are in my rotation but am not sure why. I think I need a intervention.:)

Ogallala bay rum. Probably 4 times a week. I have 4 soaps and 2 creams I'm using but I can't resist that bay rum. I try to rotate through them all.

I have a brick of Cella that is currently in the states so I should get it next week coming from Ireland and hopefully that one will become my favorite.

Having tried many, VDH Luxury is the one I find myself going back to again and again, I love this soap and it is way under priced. Have Razorock Don Marco hard but do not like it nearly as well as VDH Luxury. Arko lathered well but scent is too off for me to use again

Tried a stick for the first time today. Palmolive and while it worked and seemed to moisturize good as in my face felt great long afterwards, I really do not like using a stick so it will not become in my rotation

I have a brick of Cella that is currently in the states so I should get it next week coming from Ireland and hopefully that one will become my favorite.

Having tried many, VDH Luxury is the one I find myself going back to again and again, I love this soap and it is way under priced. Have Razorock Don Marco hard but do not like it nearly as well as VDH Luxury. Arko lathered well but scent is too off for me to use again

Tried a stick for the first time today. Palmolive and while it worked and seemed to moisturize good as in my face felt great long afterwards, I really do not like using a stick so it will not become in my rotation

Yeah VDH Luxury is really good stuff, love the scent. I'm just happy that it can be easily found locally.

I know there's lots of soaps on the market but since i wet shave on a budget for me it's Williams mug(modern) is my way to go. I have other soaps that i received as gifts and works perfectly well but whit the Williams as soon as you know how to make it lather In my opinion it work as well has any other soaps, Williams is my 5 days a week soap and i used my cream and more expensive soaps on the weekend.

So many great soaps. Only one face. I turn to CRSW every few days, but I have several of their soaps to choose from so it is not exactly the same soap. Maria Arman (either Maggard or Through the Fire Fine Craft) gets a little love every few days. Strop Shoppe Tallow Rosemary/Mint is a new favorite that I use every few days and Soap Commander gets the nod every few days.

There just aren't enough shave days.

MWF is my current #1, been using it 2-3 times a week for almost a month. However I just started yesterday to 3017 the first of 2 soaps so I can release myself from self imposed buying ban to acquire MdC and Mikes. Sunday's will be reserved for MWF, for me the stuff is too good to ignore completely....

I've got so many favorites for different reasons, some because of the scent, lather, postshave. It's hard to put a #1 on any of them. I find that I have too many to lock down on just one, so I just routine through a whole bunch. There are some that I'll grab for if I had a bad shave the day before because they have almost healing properties to them(MWF, GFT Violet).

I am now pairing down to 7 great soaps. If they are not great, they are gone. I do not know why I would shave with less than great !

Top Bottom