What's new

Army-Navy Game

The AN game is a great American institution. My father is USMA Class of 1949. His class bore the brunt of the Korean War, which broke out in 1950 just as they were all completing their 1 year post-graduate training. He survived some severe wounds and I am named for his best friend who won the DSC posthumously.

He has taken us to 4-5 AN games over the years and they are always inspiring.

The AN game is a great American institution. My father is USMA Class of 1949. His class bore the brunt of the Korean War, which broke out in 1950 just as they were all completing their 1 year post-graduate training. He survived some severe wounds and I am named for his best friend who won the DSC posthumously.

He has taken us to 4-5 AN games over the years and they are always inspiring.

That is an amazing story. Thanks for sharing.

Not American, and only served as a Reservist up here in the Great White North. I have never much cared for College ball of any kind, nor the NFL, really. All this is a long way of getting around to stating that the annual Army Navy Game is one event that transcends it's particular sport. It is a game I NEVER miss, and I simply love the event in it's entirety.

GO ARMY . . . BEAT NAVY !!!

I also find it fascinating the players wear unit insignia on their uniforms. I always look for the player wearing the patch of my Infantry Unit and keep an eye on him the whole game. It is usually an interior lineman, and it can get dull. Maybe this year a 'skill' player will be wearing the patch.

How does this work for The Navy team?

I almost forgot....Go Army!

To me, the Army/Navy game symbolizes the best of America. Men (and women) who could have attended almost any university chose to attend a service academy so they may lead others.

While Army and Navy get all the press this weekend we should also remember those at the Air Force Academy and Coast Guard Academy who have chosen to make a similar sacrifice.

Go Navy!

Congratulations Navy.

See you next year.

$giphy.gif

Dang. Army loses for #13 in a row. I really do hope they get better soon and make this as great as it can be.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Oh, I wish I saw this thread earlier. Nuts. Not that it would have mattered to the game. Another heartbreaker. 13 years. Ugh. You know, none of my kids have ever seen Army beat Navy - which we used to do very regularly, I might add. Its just so wrong.

Oh, I wish I saw this thread earlier. Nuts. Not that it would have mattered to the game. Another heartbreaker. 13 years. Ugh. You know, none of my kids have ever seen Army beat Navy - which we used to do very regularly, I might add. Its just so wrong.

This provides me with some consolation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom