What's new

Old Forester 2014 Birthday Bourbon

Had a glass last night, it was the first time I had tried out the Birthday Bourbon. For the bourbon fans out there I highly recommend checking this one out if you get the chance. I had it neat, not a huge fan of bourbon on the rocks. Very smooth, no real heat to it at all. I got a little vanilla and maybe a little citrus, I'm not the best at describing the flavor of a drink. It's not on the same level as an EH Taylor or Parker Anniversary but well worth a try, I'm sure I will have a bit more this weekend.

I bought a bottle when it first came out. I liked it but there were others around the same price I liked better. It seems to have gone up quite a bit in price since then but that's happened to so many of them. Old Forester bonded was my go to inexpensive bottle when I first got into bourbon in the late 90s. I wish they still made it.

I bought a bottle but have not tasted it. It is reportedly not up to the level set last year. Oh well...

Old Forester bonded was my go to inexpensive bottle when I first got into bourbon in the late 90s. I wish they still made it.
They do still make it. It's called Old Forester Signature.

There are several bourbons out there that qualify to be labeled as bonded (like Four Roses Single Barrel, for example) but aren't labeled as such for whatever reason.

EDIT: Also, last years Birthday Bourbon was incredible. But I passed on this years to get a couple of other limited releases.

Top Bottom