What's new

The Union Suit

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Ok guys, now that you have convinced me that, despite getting along ok for better than half a century without one, I can't live without one, and now that my Carhartt Union Suit has arrived and has been removed from the package, how they heck do you fold this beast for the dresser drawer? lol

Thanks for the enabling, Tony, the dungeon will be much warmer this morning!

yeah buddy! our first guinea pig!

Ok guys, now that you have convinced me that, despite getting along ok for better than half a century without one, I can't live without one, and now that my Carhartt Union Suit has arrived and has been removed from the package, how they heck do you fold this beast for the dresser drawer? lol

Pics!!

$Moving-animated-picture-of-dancing-fools.gif

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Excellent point. There are many circumstances where my performance 'poly' is superior in function and utility to my cotton traditional union. Both have their place. Plus it is a blast walking around the house in a Union Suit during the Holidays.

Well, I'd much prefer a wool set of long undies to a cotton anything!

I have three that I got from tractor supply, I believe the brand is Indera. They have the one button in the back which I sewed shut I prefer just to take them of for #2. I like them but I want to get something in wool for winter. The only down side to the union suit is if you get them to short you get a super wedgie. The greatest advantage is no one ever has to look at my plumbers crack.

I've had various union suits, always red, over the years. My last one was a fairly thin Duofold; my current one is a very plush LL Bean. Perfect for cold nights. My son just got black thermal separates that he likes so much he started to go outside wearing only them. He hadn't quite grasped that they were meant to be underwear. He thought he looked really cool.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I've never had the full body thing but when you are working outside in the cold all day on your father-in-laws Christmas tree farm in December in the Great White North you quickly grow to love this stuff.

With temps at -15*F (w/c -27*F) here in the Republic this morning, I return to this thread again wearing my new(ish) Union suit to thank Tony for the topic!

Stay warm, guys! I am!!

Thanks Tony!

Last edited:
Top Bottom