What's new

Portland Razor Incoming

8/8 Hydra with custom Silky Oak scales- a birthday present to myself. It's en route as we speak. Happy Birthday to Me!!

$image.jpg

Happy B-Day. I also have one coming, but I am not sure it will get here by Christmas. It was tight when I ordered it, and he might be a little busy. We will see. If it gets here after the first of the year, all will be good.

Happy Birthday! Saw that on his Instagram... glad it's going to a B&B'er. These guys are really picking up steam with the B&B crowd... I wonder if they'd give me a B&B member discount? :lol:

Congrats on the new razor. Looking forward to seeing it in the SOTD thread.

Very nice custom razor from PRC. Congratulations: I have my second custom on order from PRC. Early January for my Christmas gift.

My dear wife has a PRC razor coming my way for Christmas. It won't get to me till January sometime, but that is fine with me. 8/8 Kraken in zebra wood.

Congrats on the new razor....I absolutely love my 8/8th Hydra with Walnut scales....it's an awesome whisker cutting beast of a razor but very easy to wield. Enjoy it in good health

Nice score - congrats!

I like this company - they make the razor here in the USA and their work seems to be quite good.

Last edited:
Used this razor today with my new Wolf Whiskers brush and had a fantastic shave. WW brush had it's usual superb workmanship and the Shavemac 2-Band Silvertip is going to become a fast favorite. To the razor- absolutely fantastic on the shave. It just feels great to hold. Weight and balance is great and feels like a weapon of whisker destruction while holding it. The entire presentation of the box, instructions, the sleeve, and keyfob and all that is included is all really much more than excpected and is really first-class. The communication and ordering from Scott was easy, punctual, and precise. The razor IMHO is really nicely made along with the custom scales. The blade came honed to a very nice, sharp, keen edge. One thing I really like- small detail that really made a difference is the positioning of the top jimp. If you look at the pic, the top jimp is not directly above the bottom jimp. It resides exactly where your top 1-2 fingers will be positioned while using. I really can't say enough good things about the entire process. I'll be a return customer for sure. For a one-man-show,Scott runs a tight ship. Yes, you may have to wait for your razor, but it is well-worth the wait. I guess you could say I highly recommend his products and services. I've seen. Several others recommending these razors and also becoming repeat customers.

Top Bottom