What's new

Hippy Killer?

Gents, anybody have any experience with Crown Shaving Co.'s Hippy Killer pomade? I'm a *huge* fan of their products and would normally buy anything of theirs sight unseen. However I prefer my pomades/clays/etc. to be on the matte side as opposed to the shiny side so I don't want to end up with a jar of something that's just going to sit on the shelf. If anybody has any notes on this stuff (shiny/matte, firm/medium/light hold, etc.) it would be greatly appreciated.

I used it this morning. Great water soluble pomade! It's my personal favourite.

Great scent, medium hold and medium to medium/high shine depending on if your hair is wet or dry when applied. A great workable pomade IMO.

Last edited:
Sorry had to post this
$Infernalmachines_thumb_05.jpg

Thanks for the heads-up dwsteen. Too bad, it's the one product of theirs that I don't have.

I'd say you'll need to look at Matte Pastes or Fiber pomades if you don't want any shine. American Crew and Eddie Jealousy have other products if you're going more for the natural or messy look.

Also, you can apply pomade to drier hair for a more matte finish. For me it's a little harder to work with, but it provides pretty good results for some folks.

Well, as expected I could only hold off so long on buying the one Crown Shaving product I didn't have. Went ahead and got some Hippy Killer from Italian Barber as my local barber shop (House of Barons) was sold out. While it won't be my every day product I was very happy with both the performance and the scent and I'm glad I bought it. Given that it was day one titration was a bit off and my hair was probably damper than it should have been so things aren't perfect but I do look pretty damn good if I do say so myself. Less product and dryer hair will be the trick for me. Plus the lady in line in front of me at the coffee shop this morning mused aloud "Who smells like grapefruits? That's nice" so win/win! Thanks for all the replies.

Top Bottom