What's new

Feedback please

Hey guys last night I got into a small argument with my wife while driving home from a night out and while I was a couple of blocks away from my house the fog was covering the bridges beautifully so I decided to pick up my camera and take a few shoots to relax before going home to continue the fight with my wife .

here are a couple of the shots that I tool they are untouched . I really like them and I think they captured my mood perfectly . please give me some feedback on what I have done right and the mistakes you think I have made .

the time was about 11PM . I used the Nikon D40 with my Tripod. No flash and a very long shutter speed .

it was raining and we had plenty of fog when I took these shots so I had to hold an umbrella while taking the pictures a bit more difficult then I thought it would be.

full

This is Hells gate bridge . I know the picture would have looked a little better had the branches not been in the way .

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I like #2 very much Nick, I think the photo would be nothing without the branches, they add perspective and an element of nature to a man made object.

Here is my 30 second take on it-

full

full

I like #2 very much Nick, I think the photo would be nothing without the branches, they add perspective and an element of nature to a man made object.

Here is my 30 second take on it-

full

full

I love how the B&W looks I was thinking of doing that .
The only thing I do not like in the B&W is how the lights of the bridge look any way of fixing that ?

I love how the B&W looks I was thinking of doing that .
The only thing I do not like in the B&W is how the lights of the bridge look any way of fixing that ?

Yep you could cut them out and whatnot, that then becomes an art project and not a photo? Thats the old question... I would try that shot without a flash next time.

Actually I like the first bridge shot. The almost sepia-toned color sets the mood. I think the branches frame the bridge well and define the season, which further re-inforces the overall melancholic tone of the composition.

+1
I think the branches are essential to the picture of the bridge. It would have been a rather so-so picture without the framing of the branches.

Personally, I like the B&W version of the second one most. I've never really been a fan of the orange color streetlights put on everything. It also adds an old-fashioned feel to the image.

I really like the first one.
The whole sepia-washed look of it is really interesting, although I kind of wish the effect was the same on the left side as the right.

I especially like what it did to the tones and texture of the sycamore bark! Beautiful images and nice captures on both--well done!

Top Bottom