What's new

Your face and getting "used" to shaving

I feel like it took about a month for my face to get used to shaving with a single blade as opposed to carts. Or maybe my technique just got better. I don't know the science behind it.

I switched back to DE shaving over the Summer and yes, it definitely is technique combined with skin. I'm doing a pre-shave regimen I didn't use with my mach3. I'm also doing shorter strokes than I did with my mach3. But I think my skin has changed as well. It's softer, more elastic (fewer wrinkles) and even on my head where there's not much fat (although there will be those who disagree) the razor glides.
This is my experience also, and I agree with this (except for any and all remarks about the head!)

Last edited:
As others have said; the face stays the same but the technique improves. I do believe the oils and aftershaves I use has helped the skin.

Welcome to B&B, glad you're on board, lots of good people, information, and opinions here, thanks for the great question!
Yes and no. Mostly your technique gets better and you make fewer mistakes, giving your skin a better chance to heal up in between shaves.
+1 to what mblakele says

Maybe, but my generally hard to shave face adapted quickly. 1st de shave was awful, 2nd much improved, 3rd was back to normal again.

Top Bottom