What's new

Holiday/Winter Cream Recommendations?

Does anyone have any good recommendations for holiday/winter creams (based mostly on scent)? It would be much appreciated.

Crabtree and Evelyn Moroccan Myrrh. I dont think you can go wrong with Myrrh for Christmas. I do not know if that is the kind of Christmas smell your looking for or not. When I think of Christmas I think of Frankincense and myrrh, but I also think of Christmas Trees. I love the way spruce smells. I have never used nor do I know of a Christmas tree smelling cream.

However, I can tell you that if you consider soaps you will have better luck. mamabearssoaps makes Christmas Forest. I have used it and it really does smell like Fresh cut trees. Its very Piney. However, it is the only MBS that will give me skin irritation every once in a while. If you have yet to use soaps hers are very easy to lather.

Last edited:
Wow, what a marketing win. I might just have to give it a try. How is the scent? At all overwhelming? I've heard great things about Soap Commander.

IMO, the scent strength is just where it needs to be, right at that Goldilocks point, not to strong not to weak - but just right. I think that this particular scent is on available at there web site.

IMO, the scent strength is just where it needs to be, right at that Goldilocks point, not to strong not to weak - but just right. I think that this particular scent is on available at there web site.

Careful if you are planning to get the matching aftershave. The one I have (in a different scent) is a bit on the strong side with good staying power. That said, performance and feel are GREAT.

I like Old Spice Original from India. Wonderful scent! Fits in perfectly with the cooler weather, and reminds me of how my dad smelled on Christmas morning. Old Spice Original aftershave also to finish it and round it all out, again from India. :001_smile

I plan on enjoying Salters Fresh Mint this winter season. It smells like a peppermint patties ie York, Andes, Junior Mints.

So many great choices.
wintertime is good for musk and sandalwood.
so proraso red, AOS sandalwood, Trumpers spanish leather, SMN, T&H sandalwood, Harris Windsor.
if you aren't timid, go with some heavy florals, eg Trumpers violet, T&H or Harris Rose.
let us know what you end up using and liking!

Top Bottom