What's new

Battlestar Galactica Discussion

So I had an epiphany the other day while shaving (DE shaving tends to bring out the philosophical side of me ). How is it possible that Col. Tigh is a Cylon, given the fact that he and Adama fought together in the first cylon war 40 years ago. Or at least, they knew each other shortly after the war ended. But the cylons had to disappear for 40 years to "evolve" into organic beings.

Back during the first war, the only cylons were supposedly the toaster models. So it seems to me that there is no way they could have served together back then.

My opinion is that the "final" 5 are actually the FIRST 5. Maybe cylons have been organic beings all along.

Let's get the discussion going.

First off, change the title of the thread, major spoiler for those who aren't up to date! Thankfully, I'm up to date, minus tonight's episode (Amazon Unbox is about a day late usually).

My theory is that the Cylons were able to perfectly clone, and then implant the memories of humans. Tigh takes a vacation for a weekend, and is replaced with a sleeper cylon with his exact memories.

That's a great question. The big problem I see with Clunk's explanation: upon their "waking up," the 4/5 (or at least some of them) said something to the effect that they had "always been" Cylons.

The "first five" idea is interesting. I suppose that all will be revealed in the next few months.

And I agree - change the thread title to avoid spoilage.

Ken

So I had an epiphany the other day while shaving (DE shaving tends to bring out the philosophical side of me ). How is it possible that Col. Tigh is a Cylon, given the fact that he and Adama fought together in the first cylon war 40 years ago. Or at least, they knew each other shortly after the war ended. But the cylons had to disappear for 40 years to "evolve" into organic beings.

Back during the first war, the only cylons were supposedly the toaster models. So it seems to me that there is no way they could have served together back then.

My opinion is that the "final" 5 are actually the FIRST 5. Maybe cylons have been organic beings all along.

Let's get the discussion going.

In the first episode of season 2, we learn that Tigh and Adama only meet after the war when they are both serving together on a freighter (the bar fight scene). From Razor, we know that at least by the end of the first Cylon War, the Cylons had already created a hybrid. So it is possible that they could have created the "skinjobs" prior to Adama's meeting Tigh. In Razor, they depict the Adama of the first Cylon war as a fairly young man, and in the flashback of the bar fight, he appears significantly older - I don't know if that was intentional, as Razor was made after season 2.

That is my take. The final 5 may very well be the original 5, given that, at least for Tigh, they seem to have been in place for quite some time. Does anybody know if the other "skinjobs" age? They all seem to be resurrected to the same age, so I wonder if they age at all, because clearly Tigh has aged from when he first met Adama.

In the first episode of season 2, we learn that Tigh and Adama only meet after the war when they are both serving together on a freighter (the bar fight scene). From Razor, we know that at least by the end of the first Cylon War, the Cylons had already created a hybrid. So it is possible that they could have created the "skinjobs" prior to Adama's meeting Tigh. In Razor, they depict the Adama of the first Cylon war as a fairly young man, and in the flashback of the bar fight, he appears significantly older - I don't know if that was intentional, as Razor was made after season 2.

That is my take. The final 5 may very well be the original 5, given that, at least for Tigh, they seem to have been in place for quite some time. Does anybody know if the other "skinjobs" age? They all seem to be resurrected to the same age, so I wonder if they age at all, because clearly Tigh has aged from when he first met Adama.

Very good possible explanation dr. mike. And you're right about Tigh aging for sure.

I too think the "Final Five" are the original five. I am 90% sure that one of the other seven models said that the final five were unique, as in there is only one of each.

Also, how do these fit into the description of the ancient text that supposedly shows them?

I too think the "Final Five" are the original five. I am 90% sure that one of the other seven models said that the final five were unique, as in there is only one of each.

Also, how do these fit into the description of the ancient text that supposedly shows them?
That's the way I understand it as well.

I actually had a strange thought. The Final 5 seem to be much more human than the other 7 cylon models. They behave in a much more human manner, and share the same frailties and immunities of humans.

Thus far we have thought of the "Final 5" as being called that because they were the last models to be revealed. But what if they are really the final 5 cylon models from the last historical cycle: programmed to position themselves where they could influence humanity and guide it through the holocaust.

I believe it was mentioned in 4x02 (this past week's episode) that the Cylons themselves think that there's only one copy of the final 5 models, however I believe that's all speculation, as the Cylons barely know anything about the final 5.

Yeah, they aren't even allowed to discuss the final 5 according to the most recent episode. I find it interesting how all the skinjobs are "evolving" into more human-like beings every day. They used to be one unified group set on a single purpose - now there is infighting, politics, disagreements, betrayal and even murder - as much as a Cylon can be murdered. They are becoming all the things they looked down on humans for.

I believe now that the strike is over, they are going to finish this final season but split it up into 2 half seasons - 10 episodes now and the final 10 in the fall/winter

I don't think the writers have stated one way or the other. However we can be sure that they are the only copies of those models in both the human and cylon fleets.

I actually had a strange thought. The Final 5 seem to be much more human than the other 7 cylon models. They behave in a much more human manner, and share the same frailties and immunities of humans.

Thus far we have thought of the "Final 5" as being called that because they were the last models to be revealed. But what if they are really the final 5 cylon models from the last historical cycle: programmed to position themselves where they could influence humanity and guide it through the holocaust.

Wow I never thought of that. "All of this has happened before, and all of it will happen again." Maybe you're right....

If you think about it, it makes sense though - the cycle of Man making machine, and then machine becoming man.

The most recent episode you see this conflict between the Skinjobs and their own Centurions and Raiders. The Skinjobs are treating their machines, well, like machines. Same as to how humans treat skinjobs AND machines.

It wouldn't surprise me if they reveal that the current iteration of Man was an ancient "Cylon-Man" hybrid.

Do you think that now that the Sixes have given a few Centurions the ability to think for themselves that these Centurions will "free" others and eventually overthrow the skinjobs that seem to rule Cyclon society?

Are the skinjobs the top of the Cyclon hierarchy?

That is a possibility, but I think it unlikely. My guess is that the centurions are still somewhat limited mentally when compared to the skinjobs. However that is an interesting scenario. If it were to happen it would most likely force the skinjobs to flee and join up with the humans.

I cry river of tears for the Chief this past episode ('The Ties That Bind')!

I'm a sad badger! Damn you Ron Moore! Your cruel, black heart.

Cally finds out that the Chief is a skinjob. Tory Foster has her killed :frown:

Oh man, I just saw this episode...

I'm sooo glad that Cally is dead, I can't stand that character, she annoys the frack out me

I think Tory knows more than the others.

I used to think that maybe the final 5 weren't evil, that they would somehow help the humans...but not anymore. After Tory killed Cally, it's pretty clear she is evil, or at least, she's not a savior or anything. I guess she's actually human in that she was only concerned about her own life.

Top Bottom