What's new

Barrister and Mann top 3

Howdy folks,
I am looking to send a buddy 3 soaps as a Christmas gift and have little experience with this line.....fact is, today was the first time I opened a sampler sent to me from another brother.
what are your top 3?......I do know he doesn't like bay rum.
Thanks in advance

Lavanille is my # 1, it's my favorite soap scent from anyone by a long shot.

Fougere Aromatique #2
Hallows #3.

My favorites from Barrister and Mann are Roam, Fougere Imperiale, and the black label Orange and Cedar wood. There are others that are right up there with those, but if I was forced to pick just three those would be it. For someone I do not know I would play it safe.

I suggest Cheshire or seville, the black label orange and cedar wood, and their new holiday scent Dickens. Lime, lavender, and cedar wood along with vetiver, heather, and clary sage are also nice scents that I doubt he would find offensive.

Best of luck in your selection and let us know what you decide to go with in the end.

Vetyver Santal
Seville
Vetiver, Heather & Clary Sage/Cheshire tied

There are others I would include, but they're seasonal- Adagio and Ferox

What is the difference between the black label and the white label?
Is one an older run of product that is not available? I see the black label at some shops.

What is the difference between the black label and the white label?
Is one an older run of product that is not available? I see the black label at some shops.

Black label is a new thing they are trying with a new formula not available directly from B&M themselves.

I really enjoy their holiday dickens and nocturne those are my 2 favorite

I would reccomend Seville, Cheshire and Bay Rum. They are scents that are well liked and are pretty easy to get used to.

Stick with the classics.

I just got a big order from them. Right now I'm working through it, but as it stands, currently my top three are Hallows, Leviathan and Petrichor. Since two of those are not available, Lavanille and Seville are both great as well.

Do you know what kinds of fragrances he likes? For me, the B&M scents have been love or hate. Lots of people love Leviathan, but to me it smells like my Great Grandpa used to, and I don't have any desire to smell like he did. I think Seville is a scent that could please just about anyone. Dickens is also pretty good if he likes more fruity scents, and Cheshire or VHCS may also be a good option.

I had a different top a while back, but after time, my favorites have switched a bit.
Seville
Vetiver, Heather and Clary Sage
Bay Rum (was not a fan of this at first, but I love it now)

Roam is my favorite B&M scent and a top five overall but it's a love/hate soap for many on the board .Dickens and Winter Spice round out my top 3. Bay Rum and Petrichor are also nice.

I like the new latha scent, very complex. Some won't like the geranium/carnation notes though. It reminds me a bit LASS Romance, which I also liked.

I love their Bay Rum!!! I'm also a fan of their Latha, and Chesire... I tried all 3 as samples. Just never got around to buying full sizes which is unfortunate but the boss (aka my wife) Puts me on a spending budget for shaving. Can't fight against her!

Lime, Lavender & Cedarwood is great. Tried Roam, and Lavanille, couldn't sell and get them out of the house fast enough, especially Roam, yikes.

Top Bottom