What's new

Face feeling raw.

Hi guys,

3rd shave on this blade.

Only WTG and ATG at some unreachable part at the area below my nose and also at the sides of the upper lip.
Seems OK and SE is very efficient even at a single pass. Able to achieve BBS with some minor touchup and saves me quite a bit of time too.

How do you guys tackle the chin part? Even at the angle I'm like cutting through grass and I felt it's pretty "dangerous".

Cheers.

4th / 5th shave now...

Seems like it's becoming more natural to me.

I really suspect is the blade. After it's season it's like a smoothed version of a Feather DE blade.

Is blade the cause?

It could well be the blade, along with your learning curve.

Even after several months of using SE razors exclusively, I still find the first 2-3 shaves with a new stainless steel blade to be a little rough despite my best efforts regarding pressure and blade angle. Nothing too serious; I just notice that the alum block bites more than usual.

Then I'm good for a week or more of smooth single edge fun. :thumbup1:

--Bob

It could well be the blade, along with your learning curve.

Even after several months of using SE razors exclusively, I still find the first 2-3 shaves with a new stainless steel blade to be a little rough despite my best efforts regarding pressure and blade angle. Nothing too serious; I just notice that the alum block bites more than usual.

Then I'm good for a week or more of smooth single edge fun. :thumbup1:

--Bob

How do you avoid the first few shaves? Shave your dog? :lol:

Back to topic, should we try a more consistent blade?

How do you avoid the first few shaves? Shave your dog? :lol:

Not really an option. :001_huh:

$spirit2.jpg

Back to topic, should we try a more consistent blade?

They're very consistent - consistently harsh the first two shaves, and consistently smooth thereafter. :001_smile

Seriously, this is why a lot of guys prefer the carbon steel blades. Some guys palm strop or cork the blade before the first shave. I've tried these and only found that I could quickly turn a sharp blade into a dull blade.

I don't like the carbon blades because I forget to remove the blade and dry it after each shave and it rusts.

Right now my workaround is to use a mild razor such as a Featherweight or Contour for the first two shaves.

I don't really consider it a big deal.

--Bob

Top Bottom