What's new

Adjusting to a nonadjustable

A few weeks ago I had to replace a Gillette adjustable razor, the one with the long black handle, with another Gillette of the same model that I found in my mother's medicine cabinet that I or my dad must have used 30 years ago. Unlike my old razor, my shave with the new old razor resulted in numerous nicks and razor burns. The second time was as bad as the first, so I switched over to a Super Speed that I also found in the medicine cabinet and found that the shave was much smoother with no irritation. The only problem was I was having to make two or three passes. I read the Super Speeds with the red tip are more aggressive than the silver. I haven't checked any reviews yet on this forum, but what is everyone else's experience with the red tips or the Gillette Aristocrat, which appears to be a Super Speed that has been eating pretty good. I don't think I'm going back to an adjustable. I never changed the dial setting anyway.

The Red Tip is too aggressive for me. I always thought more aggressive = better shave, but for me that is not the case. I am using a Tech this week and I can retouch a few times around my chin with no problems. With the Red Tip, acne appeared when I tried to do this.

Top Bottom