What's new

New stone: should I shave?

Good for you, Jeremy. It gives me hope. I spent last night in the ER. I have a 5mm stone that they are hopeful that will pass on its own. I had one 8 years ago of similar size and it took some intervention. It's looking to be a long week for me.
I'm not even thinking of shaving with a straight. I nick myself when I'm not on drugs.
Rock on!

Good for you, Jeremy. It gives me hope. I spent last night in the ER. I have a 5mm stone that they are hopeful that will pass on its own. I had one 8 years ago of similar size and it took some intervention. It's looking to be a long week for me.
I'm not even thinking of shaving with a straight. I nick myself when I'm not on drugs.
Rock on!

Ahh crap! It's so incredibly painful!

I do wish you a speedy passing of the stone...

Here are some pictures of mine with my macro lens. It turned out to be 3mm and was made up of Calcium Oxalate and Calcium Oxalate Dihydrate
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
Beautiful stone, Jeremy! Thanks for sharing. People often think that these are like river rocks - rounded and smooth.
i have another of your stones. I bought your 5x1 thuri earlier this year. But there's no celebrated anything with this type.

Padre, was that this year???

And yes, the Dr. At the hospital said it's not the size of these stones that causes the pain, it's the shape.

Sorry to hear Jeremy. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks David! Where have you been hiding?

Yes. In the summer, I think. I like the stone, but am looking for something a bit larger now. I'm new enough that I need the extra real estate.

Time flies, I thought that was last year! More real estate is always nice :thumbup1:

Has anyone had a kidney stone big enough to hone with?
Glad you passed it. Make sure you drink plenty of water to flush the system.

Sorry to hear that its just not me who's had the kidney stone pain then. Last one was November(2013) a 5 to 6mm past after four days in hospital. Prior to that I was 19 for the first one, then 30 for the second, I was 45 last November when it came on. Stupid me I knew a few days befor hand it was comig. A horrbile back pain that went with fluids. When it bit though I couldnt get up. An Ambulnce was called and shame of shame a work mate was on duty who gave me 20mg of the good stuff straight out of the bag, then at Hospital some more Morph and some 'PR' Diclophenac.

As for shaving glad your all better now guys (finger crossed)

I've been getting them about every 1 to 1 1/2 years since 2000. When I get them in the back I know it's going to be a trip to hospital for morphine. The stomach pain ones aren't as bad and don't require hospital. Luckily the worst ones last about 8 to 12 hours before I pass them.

Top Bottom