What's new

PIF - Whiskey Stones

I'm in! Great PIF. I have a couple scotches that I do like chilled, but don't like any water in them. These stones would help me try new scotches that taste better to me chilled but not diluted. I would also try them in my old fashioneds. Thanks for the PIF!

I've got a set of whiskey stones, and they are great! Just remember that they are not ice cubes. They give just the right chill to do what they are meant to do, but they won't make your whiskey ice cold.

Congrats. I already have a set exactly like these. What I want to pick up now is a set of STAINLESS STEEL whisky balls. The idea is the same, the only difference is that, when you take them out of the freezer, a small amount of condensation is created on the steel. when you pour your bevvie of choice over them, it is just enough water to open the nose of your spirit without diluting the flavour.

I'm in! I would love to use these while sitting by the fire during the holiday's sipping on a decent Highland Park 12.

Well I apparently didn't read the whole thread haha!

Last edited:
Gents, I have a set of 9 whiskey stones in a little pouch I don't ever use so I thought I'd offer them up here as a PIF. If your unfamiliar with these, the idea is you store them in your freezer and add them to drinks you want to chill but not dilute, like whisky. I'll run the PIF for a week and pick a winner. I'll ship these internationally so everyone can play. To enter, respond and let me know what kind of drink you'd like to use these in. Winner will be chosen at random next Saturday. Cheers!

View attachment 526827
$20141224_163203.jpg
They came in and 4 will be going off to a friend to try as well. Thanks again

Top Bottom