What's new

Let's talk about holsters

Has anybody any experience with Alien Gear holsters? They're $30, guaranteed for life, and you can swap the plastic shell for free should you choose to carry a different firearm in the future. These seem like great perks, but would like some input on actual functionality.

Has anybody any experience with Alien Gear holsters? They're $30, guaranteed for life, and you can swap the plastic shell for free should you choose to carry a different firearm in the future. These seem like great perks, but would like some input on actual functionality.

I haven't used one, but I have heard good things about them over on the Smith & Wesson forum.

I almost bit on the Alien Gear, but liked the profile of the FoxX better. I am seriously considering an Alien Gear though. Hard to beat the price and warranty if they stand behind it.

I'm a fan of the N82 Tactical holsters. It allows a full layer between you and the gun so no part of the gun rubs up against you. The belt clip is also tuckable. I wear a lot of t-shirts under my regular shirt. So I can tuck the t-shirt completely over the holster up between the clip. Complete coverage and they're very comfortable. Lifetime warranty and made in U.S.A.

https://n82tactical.com/index.php

Detroit holster for my pocket holster for my 42, also a big fan of Remora for my g26 and when i want to carty iwb with my 42.

I'm a kydex kind of guy, and Forest City Tactical in Beloit, WI (West of Milwaukee) deserves a look:

http://forestcitytactical.com

Their product line is small and straightforward: all kydex gear. They make an OWB, an IWB, double and single pistol mag carriers and single AR rifle mag carriers.

What I like about their holster design is that the magazine release button is covered to prevent accidental mag drop and they combine the design with a full combat grip access. Two very important considerations.

$20130109_191504.jpg

Their prices are very reasonable and the turn-around time is fairly fast.

Definitely worth a look.

Last edited:
guns are scary and bad. I don't like them.

but crossbreeds were a good buy before they got proud of their products and priced accordingly.

Kirkpatrick Leather Co.

makes good pancakes for full sized too, I'm told. he does a lot of western rigs too.

I am a kydex guy also. I started "bending" my own holsters about a year ago. As long as you have some basic tools you can get into the hobby relatively cheap. Here is some of my work.

S&W SHIELD

$IMG_1992.jpg

$IMG_1994.jpg

GLOCK 30s
$IMG_1995.jpg
$IMG_2002.jpg

Attachments

• $IMG_1993.jpg
    $IMG_1993.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 116
thoughts please about a Sneaky Pete. I believe it's designed to be worn
exposed due to it looks like a man purse. Not sure about it's legality?
thanks, douglas

thoughts please about a Sneaky Pete. I believe it's designed to be worn
exposed due to it looks like a man purse. Not sure about it's legality?
thanks, douglas

Although I've never used one of those, they look a bit big to me. I have however, used a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster for my .25, and a 9x18. They work really well IMO, and can be found for under $30.

Ritchie Holsters out of Buffalo NY have quickly become a favorite. Once a partner of Lou Alessi, Skip Ritchie is putting out an excellent product at a very fair price and reasonable delivery time. Here's a Beretta Nano in a Ritchie VSS.

$image.jpg

I have a ton of holsters. Too many.

The only company I've bought from multiple times is High Noon. I prefer their leather and reverse j-clips.

I am really starting to like the FoxX Hybrid that I use with a Shield however.

$Carry 002.jpg

Being an old Wheelgun guy, I very seldom ever carry a semi auto handgun. On the occasions that I do here is my preference in holsters. On the left is a DeSantis cozy partner IWB holster for summer wear. On right is a Zack Davis OWB holster which I prefer for winter carry. Handgun is a S&W Shield 9MM.

New 1911 for Christmas, so I just purchased another MTAC Minotaur from Comp-Tac. I have a well loved one for my XD-40 and looked nowhere else for the 1911. Most comfortable IWB I've ever tried. The leather back on this one is updated from my last one, so I couldn't just go with the interchangeable kydex shell on the existing leather.

Top Bottom