What's new

Perry Ellis Cologne?

I know, I know, Perry Ellis??!!

I go to youtube and type in specific styles of cologne and I keep hitting Perry Ellis M on the underdog style.

Pro-Con?? I know it's cheap but what does it smell similar to? Doesn't Perry Ellis usually "copy" other colognes?

Long lasting or is that a joke??

Something to hit the stores for and try to find a surprise or one to stay away from??

Perry Ellis.....specifically.....Perry Ellis M.

proxy.php

I don't have any experience with Perry Ellis colognes except with the 360 line. They're okay frags, nothing special but I tend to see them for cheap at places like Marshalls or TJ Max. If you can find a bottle there, maybe it's worth a blind buy. Here a link over at Basenotes.com to checkout.

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26123572.html

Last edited:
I own Perry Ellis M and I love it. If you like Chanel Allure Homme (not the sport) you will like this. I don't want to say the two are identical in smell but they have similar qualities. This is one that is definitely blind buy worthy. For me it's not one of those cheapie colognes that are just good because of the price. M could sell for $50+ instead of around $20 and be worth every penny. The only con I would say and is that its not a longevity beast but its definitely in the average range for a EDT concentration. I get 6-8 hours, YMMV. It's not a projection/sillage monster but its not a skin scent for at least 4-5 hours. IMO this is by far the best offering by Perry Ellis with 360 Red coming in a very distant second.

M is the best one. Like Jovan Musk and Encre Noire, a blind-buy, must own cheapie, great longevity, good drydown, no harsh synthetics, wonderful for wintry wear. Reserve a close second, respectable. Never paid for 360. If you're into cinnamon/apples/anise, just get M.

Among cologne collectors it is common knowledge that his first (vintage version) was/is the only good one and it is great. The rest are pretty much post-IFRA crap.

I had a bottle of the original Perry Ellis men's cologne back in the '80s, when I was in high school. It was a rather sweet and heavy scent - lots of woods and whatnot. I carried it in my book bag, and one day it broke in the middle of a class. Oh well...at least it wasn't Axe.

Top Bottom