What's new

Is there anything remotely close to feathers?

As has been mentioned, there are quite a few blades that are equal to the Feathers if not surpassing them, in my opinion.
For me, Super Iridiums are just as sharp, but much smoother and much more long-lasting. I could never get more than 3 shaves with the Feathers and quite a bit of weepers.
Blades are just a YMMV kind of thing. :biggrin1:

Wow as far as i can see polsilver (super iridums) highly recommended... im looking for a blade for att m1. Between perma and polsilver

Definitely Kai blades...also made in Japan with similar/same sharpness. Unfortunately, with a price point higher than the Feather.

Been de shaving a little over 2 years now. IMO feathers are the sharpest. I also love the Personnas. Just bought 100 Astra blues and they seem good also. Also have Rapiras and Astra sp which I have not tried yet. My everyday go to is the Personna. Feathers kick sssss

...So I'm just curious if there is something in the same league that might stand alone?....

In my opinion and limited experience there are two blades that come close to Feathers: Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge (aka Yellows) and Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (aka Blacks)

I believe, "as sharp/good as a Feather" is a myth.

I don't believe in Big Foot or the Loch Ness monster and I have long ago given up on finding another blade that equals a Feather. Besides, what's the point, at best it could only be the same, so why even bother. If it were possible to be better than a Feather I think it would have made the six o'clock news.
:lol: How do you really feel, OldSaw?! :thumbup1:

I'm really impressed with the Gillette Silver Blues. Had a few packs tossed into an online order to get free shipping. At any rate, I've got plenty of the Feathers (Yellow) as of now.

Feathers are reserved for use in my Slant razors. I've tried them in other razors with mediocre to disastrous results, but in a Slant, they work like a dream.

Feathers are notoriously finicky blades. They work great in some razors, not so good in others. Finding the right razor to use them in requires a lot of experimentation and trial and error, but once you find the correct match, they perform like no other blade.

I'm sitting on a box of 250 Feather blades that's still about 80% full. When this runs out, I'll probably just order another one.

Polsilver, Gillette blacks, silver blue, platinum, Permasharps, and Kai (and the platinums are the best) are just as sharp yet smoother and lasts longer than Feather IMO.

I'm an everyday Feather blade user, and Astra's have always been my back up, but Today I think I found my new back up. I first time tried a Personna (israeli) Red blade and it was great!

I'd say 7 O'Clock Blacks, followed by 7 O'Clock Yellows.

The yellow might not be quite as sharp but are smoother and last longer for me.

Feathers are my everyday blade, I'm not sure why your looking for something else when you have the best. If Feather blades become hard to get or too costly I would likely use Polsilver SI which are a close second to what I use now.
Personna Med Preps are sharp and smooth but don't last as long for me, Astra is a good blade that is about as cheap as they come, if cost were a concern for me I would likely use them exclusively.

A beak, as they are generally just ahead of the feathers. In all seriousness, one man's trash is another man's daily, so it's a bit like asking "Is there anything better than green?".

Top Bottom