What's new

Van Der Hagen glycerin soap

Does anyone know what stores I can find the Van Der Hagen glycerin soap? I live in Arizona and I've been to Wal-mart, CVS, and Walgreens(who stocks it on their website, but stores don't have it). Everyone stocks the brush and regular soap, but not the glycerin...

Of course I can order it, but that kind of defeats the purpose. Any ideas?

thanks in advance

Does anyone know what stores I can find the Van Der Hagen glycerin soap? I live in Arizona and I've been to Wal-mart, CVS, and Walgreens(who stocks it on their website, but stores don't have it). Everyone stocks the brush and regular soap, but not the glycerin...

thanks in advance

Odd - my local Walgreens stocks it! :)

Strange, Wal*Mart and Walgreens stock it plenty here in Vegas. Did you check only with 1 Wal*Mart?
It's a great cheap performer. I actually melted it into a shave stick and it's even better. :biggrin:

Most stores only carry the deluxe. If you want to get the select or glycerin, you will need to look around. I found some at a regional chain grocery store.

My area WalGreens happens to have it but that is the only place around here I have seen it. We don't have a whole lot of places offering stuff for wet shaving though.

Joining the list of those who find it's a hit-or-miss thing: I've only found it in one Walmart, and that was in a neighboring town. :frown: I grabbed several!:biggrin:

I have only seen it here at Wally World. Not all of the time or every one but when i see them i buy 3 or 4 of them.

It's really a crap shoot where you are going to find them.

Thanks guys! Looks like I'll just have to search around for them. I appreciate the info!!

I'm in AZ also, the other side of the valley. I have found that Walgreen's rotates from one type to another. Right now they are on VDH Delux. When they get to VDH Glycerin, you will have to buy several.

I will almost swear that the soap is the same as the Stephans Barber Shop soap. You cannot find it easily except thru Stephans or a barber supply house. Purtle Barber Shop Supple out of St. Louis carries it but I hope you insist they reorder it if you clean out their supply. You can buy it by the cake or by the pound. They also carry Williams by the pound and one other manufacturer. I would really like to find a source for Hess Professional Mug Soap. It is manufacured by Hess Milk Products company in St. Paul, MN. It is great, they just havn't marketed. I have one cake left and I am saving it like a fine wine. When I contacted them they said contact Purtle here in St. Louis. Purtle said they were out of business. Is this typical lack of marketing experience or tenancity.

Walgreens here (cent. Mont.) has both deluxe and glycerin. I usually melt both in the microwave, mix and let set up in my mug.

I checked the website at vdhent.com and they list the following stores as carrying their products:

Bartell Drug, Bi-Mart, CVS, Drug Barn, Drug Emporium (participating stores), Eagle Drug, Frank W. Kerr, Fred Meyer, Harmon Drug, HEB, Kinney Drug, Krogers, Longs Drug, Rite Aid, Super D Drug, Value Drug, Walgreens, Wal-Mart.

i ran to harmon's tonight to get some tissues. and i figured i'd pick up a cheap soap to leave at my girlfriend's place. i got a cake of "hypo-allergenic" soap, a shave bowl and a shave brush for under $6. i'm going to mix up a batch tonight and see what i get.

i did check and ask if they carried the gylcerian soap they 1) didn't know the difference 2) weren't sure they made it and 3) probably wouldn't order it because the demand for it is too low.

so i tested out the soap, its the deluxe shaving soap. it lathered up pretty well. though mine was a little thin. i used too much water. it smelled nice but it didn't really last. i'd say it was an overall B shave. i actually really enjoyed it. i can't wait to try some fancy pants stuff.

V

VR6ofpain

thanks in advance
They all seem to carry VDH's "Deluxe" soap. The "Select" is their lowgrade stuff, and their "Glycerin" is the bomb. I just buy it in bulk from drugstore.com, since they have good prices. Great soap.

Top Bottom