What's new

Getting into cigars

Hey guys,

During late Lenten potlucks with my fellow parishioners, I have discovered that several of the men (and women) at church are cigar aficionados. I have considered getting into it too, but I am not sure I wish to jump the gun and purchase a humidor and start filling it. I've also avoided it because I used to smoke pipe tobacco, but gave it up because I was tired of keeping my pipes clean, etc. That and the fact that I only smoked about 3 times a week, not to mention the cancerphobia our culture heaps upon us.

This year for Orthodox Easter, I've considered bringing cigars to our feast, where we celebrate the Resurrection of Christ by breaking our fast from fleshmeats and toasting the day with good drink.

With that, any suggestions on what to bring (my priest said anything by Arturo Fuente is good)?

Any thoughts on how to start out on something that could become a new hobby for me?

With that, any suggestions on what to bring (my priest said anything by Arturo Fuente is good)?

Any thoughts on how to start out on something that could become a new hobby for me?

Your Priest is a wise man. Also, H. Uppman Robustos are good.

Go to cigarsinternational.com and order a sampler pack.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
You'll find a ton of posts on cigars in the speakeasy.

As for "fleshmeats", I never understood why that doesn't include fish. :confused:

You'll find a ton of posts on cigars in the speakeasy.

As for "fleshmeats", I never understood why that doesn't include fish. :confused:

In the Orthodox Church, fish is considered a fleshmeat. Anything that has a vertebrae is. Shrimp, oysters, prawns, scallops, etc. are game.

There are a wide variety of Mild cigars out there good for beginners. I personally started out with a Montesino, but the are Gisperts, some Don Kiki's offer a good mild smoke and of course as has been mentioned 858's. Just stay away from Macanudo and you'll be fine, overpriced, overhyped, and no flavor, you might as well just go breath outside. Oh and most Drew Estate cigars, they sell very well but stay away from them.

I'm going to toss in a vote for Rocky Patel Conneticuts. Mild and flavorful! Two words that I don't like to admit coexist in the world of cigars.

*runs and hides from the cigar aficionados*

I'm going to toss in a vote for Rocky Patel Conneticuts. Mild and flavorful! Two words that I don't like to admit coexist in the world of cigars.

*runs and hides from the cigar aficionados*

:lol:

The RP Connecticut is not alone! I have quite a few sticks that I think would change your mind. They are resting in my humi right now! And I'll be happy to introduce you to them, provided we ever get out of the hell that is winter in these parts. :rolleyes:

Sounds like an interesting hobby. First shaving, now this! Argh! :w00t: :bored:

I hope that this won't become another consuming addiction! I know pipe smoking wasn't too costly when I was into it...unless I invested in a new pipe.

:lol:

The RP Connecticut is not alone! I have quite a few sticks that I think would change your mind. They are resting in my humi right now! And I'll be happy to introduce you to them, provided we ever get out of the hell that is winter in these parts. :rolleyes:

Awesome! ...and (maybe not so) coincidentally, it was you that sent me that fateful RP Conneticut. That thing was a monster! :w00t:

Top Bottom