What's new

Favorite soap find of 2014?

Found a bunch of monosavon shaving soap in Paris. Love the way it builds up lather and at around €2, a bargain!!

Since 2014 isn't over yet and I recently received "Dickens," Barrister & Mann gets my vote over my previous selections of Strop Shoppe and D.R. Harris. Lavanille is on order.

Mystic Water. Sold it 3 years ago after one try. Friend suggested to give it another shot and wham... what a wonderful surprise.

B&M, stellar performance.

Arko, by far. I haven't been able to get any other soap to lather anywhere near as well as this.

It's possible you have very hard water. Arko has EDTA, a chelating agent that makes lathering with hard water much easier. There are other soaps out there with EDTA, mostly from the bigs. Tabac is one, perhaps others know of others.

I responded on page 2 but I need to add Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatico. Wonderful performance and magnificent scent.

This year tried many good soaps/creams including Catie's Bubbles, Mike's Natural and MdC. The soap(croap) I go back to most often is Truefitt & Hill 1805.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
For non-artisan, for me it is Haslinger Sandalwood !
For the artisan soap, Stone Cottage !

I have found a couple of last minute beauties. Soap Commander and Catie's Bubbles. Both of which almost instantly went to the top in my den.

I am quite new to the shave soap game and this web site. I have been using MWF and it lathers ok but nothing spectacular in my experience. I got caught up in the B & M Lavanille excitement and thought I'd give his soaps a try. Nice scent but the soap itself. Wow. What a proformer. Slick lather with lots of protection. I use a fusion and normally get a little razor burn. Not so with B & M soap.

Rick

Top Bottom