What's new

90 day Fitness challenge Parte Deux - Merry Resolutions.

Starting on the MFP calorie tracker today. Meeting a friend who managed to lose 55 lbs in the last year shocked me out of complacency. Been maintaining, not losing.

I plan to lose 5kg, been maintaining around 84kg. Make it a point to go to the gym at least twice a week but that's still not sufficient in my opinion. Used to run or mountain biking more regularly but in 2014 it's a bit tough because of new work.

Never subscribed to dieting, always believe in exercising but I don't think that applies anymore with age, it's virtually impossible to lose any weight. Plan to enrol to boot camp in February, doing the trial third week of January. In interim need to the gym 3 times a week more religiously. Ohh yeah just downloaded the MFP.

Starting on the MFP calorie tracker today. Meeting a friend who managed to lose 55 lbs in the last year shocked me out of complacency. Been maintaining, not losing.

It's awesome to hear that your friend is giving you the nudge you need to really buckle down. I found that once you get into the habit of tracking, it becomes almost automatic.

I plan to lose 5kg, been maintaining around 84kg. Make it a point to go to the gym at least twice a week but that's still not sufficient in my opinion. Used to run or mountain biking more regularly but in 2014 it's a bit tough because of new work.

Never subscribed to dieting, always believe in exercising but I don't think that applies anymore with age, it's virtually impossible to lose any weight. Plan to enrol to boot camp in February, doing the trial third week of January. In interim need to the gym 3 times a week more religiously. Ohh yeah just downloaded the MFP.

Great sounding goals man! As for the dieting, try to think of it as changing eating habits instead of going on a diet. If you are eating clean (lots of veggies and lean meats, plenty of whole grains to replace simple carbs and starches) you will actually be eating more food more often than before. No need to ever feel hungry, and your metabloism will ramp up too.

Great sounding goals man! As for the dieting, try to think of it as changing eating habits instead of going on a diet. If you are eating clean (lots of veggies and lean meats, plenty of whole grains to replace simple carbs and starches) you will actually be eating more food more often than before. No need to ever feel hungry, and your metabloism will ramp up too.
Wow MFP is such a cool app. They got all the Asian food in the database too.

I scanned my first MFP barcode today, on a pack of creamed spinach.

And came in a couple hundred calories below by goal.

Down 3.2 pounds from last week. I attribute it to really tracking my intake w/MFP. I did exercise a little more but not enough to make that big of a difference. I'm hoping for another 2-3 pound loss this week.

Good job guys!

I started a couple of new suppliments over the weekend and have had to adjust the eating a bit to account for the extra 350ish calories from them. This morning's weigh in was 205, which means I haven't moved since last Wednesday. Just more fuel to push myself at the gym.

Down 3.2 pounds from last week. I attribute it to really tracking my intake w/MFP. I did exercise a little more but not enough to make that big of a difference. I'm hoping for another 2-3 pound loss this week.

Great work! MFP is certainly a great app for tracking. I find it works well for my maintenance as well.

Good job guys!

I started a couple of new suppliments over the weekend and have had to adjust the eating a bit to account for the extra 350ish calories from them. This morning's weigh in was 205, which means I haven't moved since last Wednesday. Just more fuel to push myself at the gym.

It will come off soon, just keep pushing your exercise! :thumbup1:

It will come off soon, just keep pushing your exercise! :thumbup1:

Thanks for the motivating words! The weight is holding steady, but my waist is still shrinking. Yesterday I was able to get into my size 34's. Not comfortably, but they buttoned without too much trouble. My trainer and I also took some numbers yesterday, I'm down 7% on my body fat percentage from 28% to 21%. Our first measurement was 4 weeks ago, so I'm pretty proud of that!

Still in, but I've been off the horse, so to speak, the last couple of weeks.

Last week was just busy, this week I'm fighting off a head cold. Hoping to get back to it asap

So, you gents have any game plans to help keep it reasonable at Christmas dinner? I'm doing the cooking, so aside from the usual ham, potatos, and what not, I'm going to be steaming up a ton of veggies. I've also got a recipie for a low sodium take on a traditional Polish mushroom soup. Hopefully it will turn out as good as it sounds.

So, you gents have any game plans to help keep it reasonable at Christmas dinner? I'm doing the cooking, so aside from the usual ham, potatos, and what not, I'm going to be steaming up a ton of veggies. I've also got a recipie for a low sodium take on a traditional Polish mushroom soup. Hopefully it will turn out as good as it sounds.

Moderation/portion control is my plan. It's weird, but for some reason, I have much better success this time of year than I do over the summer. I find that from about Halloween to the end of Feb I'm really focused, but then I sort of let it go throughout the summer.

Went to the doctor today and confirmed that I officially lost 6 pounds from last month. I've taken off a good bit of weight lately and would like to lose 15 lbs during this 90 day challenge. Really watching what I eat and getting some exercise is my plan.

Went to the doctor today and confirmed that I officially lost 6 pounds from last month. I've taken off a good bit of weight lately and would like to lose 15 lbs during this 90 day challenge. Really watching what I eat and getting some exercise is my plan.

congrats on the big loss!

Headed to the indoor rock wall around noon today to practice for the ice climbing trip. Hopefully I can make it up more than once this time lol.

Headed to the indoor rock wall around noon today to practice for the ice climbing trip. Hopefully I can make it up more than once this time lol.

Today was night and day compared to the last time I went to the wall (4 weeks ago). Made it up all of the runs except for the hardest one. Really makes me glad to see all of the core strength work I've been doing is working well and quickly.

Great work! As this rate you should be able to get down about 15 pounds. :thumbup1:

Today was night and day compared to the last time I went to the wall (4 weeks ago). Made it up all of the runs except for the hardest one. Really makes me glad to see all of the core strength work I've been doing is working well and quickly.

It gets easier when you get into shape and lose weight, that's for sure.

Top Bottom