What's new

90 day Fitness challenge Parte Deux - Merry Resolutions.

90 Day Fitness Challenge Through The Holidays (F90X for short)

Open to all comers, whether you are participating or encouraging from the sidelines. Join in when you can, no hard and fast date. February 28th is the end.
Need to lose weight, gain muscle, run a marathon, get off the couch, eat more lettuce and less burger? This is your thread.
This will encompass Chanukah, Christmas, Kwanzaa, New Year, Chines New Year and other holidays so temptations will be high.
Get a head start on your New Year Resolutions now!

Rules:
1. Post your goals and how you expect to achieve them. Be as specific as you can, but expect to change it up as you get leaner and meaner.
2. Be honest with the group and with yourself.
3. Have fun.
4. Post updates, goals, dreams and aspirations. Jokes, tips, diets, recommendations and pics welcome too.
5. Participate often. See Rules 3 and 4 for details.
6. There is noooo Rule 6.

Count me in!

My goals:
Drop 20lbs to get to 190
Get back to a size 34 or (preferably) a size 32
Gain enough strength to do 50 pushups and 15 pull ups

How:
Diet! Log on MFP daily for the duration.
Lots of gym time, hopefully 4-6 times per week.
Listen to my trainer/class instructors

Welcome Kevin!

My goals:
15 lbs by Feb 28th
10 lbs by Jan 17th (stretch goal, going to visit mother...)
Drop one more notch on belt.
Be able to run 2 miles in one go without paramedic assistance.

How:
Use MFP daily. Yes, daily!
Eat less bread, potatoes, wheat. Reduce chocolate. Eliminate soda.
Gym once a week.
Run twice a week.
Utilize in home equipment twice a week.
Be accountable to myself and realize I need to do this. Read this line once a day.

What is MFP?

My Fitness Pal - It is a free app available for I phone and Android. You can log calories, exercises, notes and all sorts of other stuff on there. It also has a social networking aspect, where you can link up with friends and check out each other's progress. They have a pretty big data bank for food nutrition info and it will help you really see where you are falling short in terms of diet. Give it a look if you have a chance.:thumbup:

I definitely want to get in on this one. I followed along with the other thread but this time I really need to commit myself to it. As far as goals go:

Lose 20 lbs by the end of the 90 days
Run more often (at least 4 to 5 times a week; I used to run every day but have only done the bare minimum lately i.e. 1 or 2 times a week)
Start lifting again (I'm currently considering SL 5x5 or SS, both of which I've heard are great for just starting out)

Long-term I'd like to get back into long-distance running. I used to run half marathons and would like to do another, and maybe even get up to marathon distance. My biggest long-term goal, though, is just to get healthier in general. I need to eat much better than I do now and that, coupled with even a little increase in exercise, should pay huge dividends. I've realized that I'm not as young as I used to be, so the weight goes on much easier than it comes off, so I'm definiltely committed to this.

I need to get active on MFP again. I used to use it religiously, but then got caught up in the paleo-ish "eat as much meat, veggies, fruit, etc. as you want and don't worry about counting calories," so I got away from it. However, I found that the last time I logged daily it really helped. Between that and this forum, I'm hoping to have the motivation and accountability needed to be successful.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
My Fitness Pal - It is a free app available for I phone and Android. You can log calories, exercises, notes and all sorts of other stuff on there. It also has a social networking aspect, where you can link up with friends and check out each other's progress. They have a pretty big data bank for food nutrition info and it will help you really see where you are falling short in terms of diet. Give it a look if you have a chance.:thumbup:

That's my kinda luck, to have a Windows phone... dammit.

It's good to see that the legacy continues! Good luck all! :thumbup:

As for me I'm going for maintenance so I'll be trying to stick to around 155 plus improve my running and weight training.

So I found this really worked for me! :lol:

$veterinarian-diet-funny.jpg

I'm on!!

i want to lose 5 more pounds by the end of February.

I I have been going to the gym, already ditched sodas, use MFP almost daily, and also use FitBit.

I I want to hit my FitBit goal of 10,000 steps every day. Continue to hit the gym 3 days a week. Watch my calories closer. And use the Cybex machines 3 days a week to tone up a little.

And of course look very well shaved while doing all of the above :)

Even though my android is my daily driver, I still have a Lumia 520 backup

Attachments

• $wp_ss_20141203_0002.png
    $wp_ss_20141203_0002.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 132
I'm in ... the last 90 day challenge was incredibly effective for me.

Goals are to be determined. Maybe I'll shoot for 240. How ... indoor bike training, gym time once I get back to work and watching intake (though I've gotten away from MFP ... don't let that dissuade any of you from using it, it's a great tool).

Good luck all!

I'm in ... the last 90 day challenge was incredibly effective for me.

Goals are to be determined. Maybe I'll shoot for 240. How ... indoor bike training, gym time once I get back to work and watching intake (though I've gotten away from MFP ... don't let that dissuade any of you from using it, it's a great tool).

Good luck all!

Keep up the good work!

Top Bottom