What's new

90 day Fitness challenge Parte Deux - Merry Resolutions.

I've been away for a while and just catching up. I'm glad to see their are still a few here working at it and doing well. It's great to see the spirit and I hope everyone is able to meet their goals! :thumbup1:

Only 2 weeks left to complete one year of daily bike rides of at least five miles.

proxy.php

I made it: 1 year of riding my bike (indoor or outdoor) at least 5 miles a day for 365 days straight. Whew!

It's been about a month for me since I started consciously making an effort. I'm down about 2kg to 88kg and am happy with this result as I feel I haven't made drastic changes to my lifestyle but have been making better decisions. My Christmas break was good for me and allowed for plenty of extra activity to compliment the extra merriment that goes along with this time.
The morning workouts I'd been hoping to complete before work has been mostly non-existent due to my 1 year old daughter not sleeping well. She is starting to finally have consistently better sleep and touch wood this and allow my wife and I a full nights sleep.
So all in all 2 kgs down and 4 to go, I'm thinking I'll get around that mark.

Congratulations to those continuing to get good results.

Evening gents! I hope everyone is doing well. I have been continuing along with my usual routine and it has paid off really well. My trainer and I looked at my progress numbers tonight after my workout. I'm down to 195lbs even, and 19% body fat. That's down 11lbs and 2% on our last measurement from 30 days ago. For reference, I was 220lbs and 29% at the end of October, so needless to say, I'm pretty stoked!

Hey guys! I just got done reading a pretty good article about carb intake and thought I would share: http://www.t-nation.com/diet-fat-loss/how-many-carbs-do-you-need

I really like the car analogy that he uses to explain the relationship between carbs and activity levels.

Excellent article. I tell folks all the time that go on these fad diets that they are not sustainable in the long run. This article highlights why that is the case...your body changes and so must your diet!

I'm in ... the last 90 day challenge was incredibly effective for me.

Goals are to be determined. Maybe I'll shoot for 240. How ... indoor bike training, gym time once I get back to work and watching intake (though I've gotten away from MFP ... don't let that dissuade any of you from using it, it's a great tool).

Good luck all!

Well, not much to report. I'm right around where I was when this started, which is in the neighborhood of 258 give or take a pound or two either way.

Haven't been on my bike much and waiting for my first paycheck from the new job so the future Mrs. and I can join the gym and get that back going again.

Know I won't hit 240 by February ... so my new goal is to get back on the bike now that my work schedule is almost done being sorted out and maintain my weight, maybe even get down to 250 by the end of Feb. After that, I'm hoping we do another 90 day challenge. I've got a June wedding I need to look good for ;)

Well, I finally got back on the bike.

Did 30 minutes around lunch time. After that and a quick shower I stepped on the scale, which read 258. Three pounds from my pre-holiday lowest and down from where I was after the holidays (262).

I also meditated for 10 minutes, for the first time in years. Not really a physical workout, but something I've needed to get back to for awhile now.

I think I mentioned, I'm working full-time but full-time remote, so my "office" is the spare bedroom. I've been working through a system and schedule for working and I think I'm getting it down. My hope is to begin riding my bike first thing in the morning, like around 6 a.m., for about an hour or 45 minutes or so, and follow that with meditation before starting my dad duties and then work. I've always enjoyed early workouts ... sets the tone for the day.

I'm also due my first paycheck on 2/2, and after playing a little catch up on some expenses, the future bride and I are going to be joining a gym shortly after that.

Glad to see everyone is still chugging along! I'm still working my usual workout schedule. Although I've changed up most of the lifting I do to avoid the dreaded plateau. Weighed in this morning at 193lbs.

Another 35 minutes on the bike trainer today, and another 10 minutes of meditation.

Didn't make it to the bike first thing in the morning. When the future Mrs. has to work early I'm going to postpone my workout til mid day. That way our 6 year old daughter doesn't wake up to find mom off to work and dad in the basement but possibly forgetting that in a groggy state of mind.

Looking at riding four out of five days during the week. A couple of medium efforts and a couple of days with a sufferfest video to really push me.

Also starting to think about goals for the upcoming year in terms of bicycling

Woke up this morning feeling like crap. Coughing, sneezing, chest hurt, all of the good stuff. Made it through the day on a steady diet of robitussin, ricolas, and electrolyte replacement powder mixed with tap water. I had a training session scheduled for today, and against my better judgement, was bound and determined to go to it.since I hadn't eaten much, I decided to do a big dinner in a bottle. Poured 1 1/2 servings of instant oatmeal, two scoops of protein shake, two spoons of peanut butter, a bsnanna, a cup of black coffee, and a shot of chocolate syrup in the blender with a bunch of ice and pureed myself a big ole 700ish calorie drinkable dinner. After a medeocre warm-up and stretch, I met with my trainer and warned her that I was feeling a little under the weather. Strangely enough, I ended up having one of my best lifting sessions to date! After blowing through some squats, my lungs felt like a wide open four lane highway. Now I'm back in bed and still riding high. Probably going to feel like crap in the morning though lol. Will definitely be using the dinner in a bottle again if I'm feeling like I need an extra boost before a workout. It really seemed to help.

Congrats guys on keeping it going.
I have been terrible the last couple weeks especially. Trip to forn parts broke my wheat barrier then came back home and ate.
Decided enough is enough and went to gym today and took dog for a long walk.
Got 10000 steps for the first time in a long while and it's only 4pm.
Wheat back off the menu.

Had a great lifting session yesterday. Today I'll be doing a bunch of shoveling, so that will be a good workout in itself.

Tomorrow starts my half marathon training. It's been a few years since I ran one so I figured why not. It will be tough but I'm looking forward to it.

Top Bottom