What's new

90 day Fitness challenge Parte Deux - Merry Resolutions.

Had a brutal workout yesterday. Kettlebells, pushups, wallballs, battleropes and a whole bunch of other fun stuff. The scale read 207.4 this morning. Tonight is cardio after work, ugh.

Had a brutal workout yesterday. Kettlebells, pushups, wallballs, battleropes and a whole bunch of other fun stuff. The scale read 207.4 this morning. Tonight is cardio after work, ugh.

Keep up the good work. Sounds like that was a great workout.:thumbup1:

Still chugging along over here. The last couple of days I have been incorporating a speed jump rope into my mix. Bouncing back and forth between low weight, high rep weights and 60 seconds of sustained roping in between sets. I highly recommend trying out a jump rope to anyone who likes to get their cardio done at home. The one I got was 3 bucks at Wal-Mart

Still chugging along over here. The last couple of days I have been incorporating a speed jump rope into my mix. Bouncing back and forth between low weight, high rep weights and 60 seconds of sustained roping in between sets. I highly recommend trying out a jump rope to anyone who likes to get their cardio done at home. The one I got was 3 bucks at Wal-Mart

If rope is good enough for Rocky it's good enough for us. :laugh: It's one of the best exercises and if you use it as part of an HIIT program you get some great results.

If rope is good enough for Rocky it's good enough for us. :laugh: It's one of the best exercises and if you use it as part of an HIIT program you get some great results.

Right you are! It has been soo long since I've used a jump rope, I'd forgotten how hard it is to do lol.

I'd like to join in this one.

My goal:
Continue on from the past 2 months
Drop from 90kg (198lbs) to 84kg (185lbs)

How:
Diet, I've been working on this for the past 2 months with good success
Morning kettlebell routine Monday to Friday
Daily walk during lunch break Monday to Friday

I'm looking this to be more sustainable rather than just something to aim for then blow out again.

Another willing victi, I mean, participant!

I agree with your last sentence especially.

Last edited:
This morning's mid week weigh in was 205.7. I'm on track to dip under 200 by New year's day. Last night's workout was mainly weight lifting. We started with calf raises and just kept moving up until every major muscle group had seen some action. Tonight is muscle fusion class, which is always a core shredder. Should be fun!

Really missing my gym time right now, but without a job it's just not in the budget.

Staying busy around the house helps a little, and I do Sufferfest indoor rides two or three times a week. Still at 255, and last week I fit into a pair of size 38 waist jeans, something I haven't done since college.

I made a comment to the Mrs about them "fitting funny."

Her reply: "That's because they actually fit."

It's GO TIME!
$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418277218.975004.jpg

Muscle fusion yesterday and pt today makes for one sore emt. We had the training room to ourselves tonight, so that meant lots of supersets with wall balls, kettle bells, bupees, dips, lots of cardio,and all other manners of torture available. I kinda feel like I'm going to keel over right now, but in a good way.

On another note, I'm going to be doing some ice climbing this coming January as long as the weather permits. There is a professional climbing guide that holds open ice climb days at a state park about an hour from my place.I think the group is limited to 6 if I remember correctly. He provides the technical gear and instruction. All I have to do is show up, pay my fee, sign a waiver, and try to make it to the top. We'll be doing 4 frozen waterfalls, the tallest being somewhere around 40'-45', over the course of 6 hours. I'm pretty pumped about it. Now I just have to make sure that I'm in good enough shape to drag myself up that high, and that many times lol.

Last edited:
Still hanging around the 152 mark but coming into the rough part of the year with Christmas parties, birthdays, and of course Christmas dinner and New Year's festivities. This should be an interesting few weeks but once it's over with it should be a lot easier to keep the weight in check.

Top Bottom