What's new

December 2014 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's almost Christmas!! :w00t:

Getting those last minute presents for everyone, and perhaps slipping a little something in with the order, just to make up the shipping amount naturally :lol:

What's the score for this month?

attachment.php

Shaved with it today after a quick honing session last night, Torry. (Thank you Mr. USPS)

Picked up a replacement shaving mug today, to replace the one that broke last month.

Marketed as a "hot chocolate mug" but thought it was the perfect size.

Shown with a B&B Essential for size comparison.

$SAM_0276.JPG

$SAM_0275.JPG

Over the last two weeks or so, I've began Straight Razor shaving and went in pretty deep. Here's the list:

Hart 6/8 Satin Finish Square Point w/ Cocobolo Scales
Simpson Commodore X3 Best
Trumper's Limes Cream
TOBS Eton College Cream
Baxter Post-Shave
New York Shaving Company Pre-Shave Oil
New York Shaving Company Elizabeth St. Cream
New York Shaving Company Rose Toner
Straight Razor Designs Strop w/ Latigo+Wool
Georgetown Scuttle

...and to top things off, some CK Euphoria Gold Cologne.

So far it's going great!

Received: Coates sandalwood tube & Coates teatree tube.

In transit: block of razorock artisan mentolipto & sigma 30mm lens for micro 4/3 camera

Later this month: RV ivory emillion with 26mm shavemac 2-band silver tip

Super Speed flare tip and Fat Boy in my Birth year (and quarter), some AS samples from Garry and a starter kit (DE89 and Omega Brush) for my son's Christmas present.

Penhaligon's Elixir EDT
Montale Black Aoud EDP
Acqua Di Parma Collezione Barbiere Shaving Cream
Acqua Di Parma Collezione Barbiere Aftershave

Taylor Sandalwood Shaving Soap
Floid Vigoroso Aftershave
Musgo Real Oak Shaving Cream
Palmolive Stick
Speick Stick
Valobra Stick

This week I've received:
100 x Voskhod blades
RR stealth slant (v3)

and am waiting for
2 x yeti snot

It has been a good week for me!

I had put Antica Barbieria Colla shave cream or soap on my Christmas wish list and figured it was not going to happen so I went ahead and picked this up and I like Saponificio Aromatic Fern so much I also picked up a back-up of shave soap and aftershave.

$abc.jpg

$set-150g-e-AS-Big.jpg

Also picked up some tree ornaments. The fatboy is pretty sweet with some nice detail work and I might even use the two shave related ornaments as part of my bathroom décor.
$fatboy.JPG

$mustache.JPG

$HB.JPG

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I am brand new to wet DE shaving, but the obsession already has begun. I just got this:

$IMAG0085[1].jpg

It was purportedly found at the bottom of a chest. Perhaps, perhaps not. If the blade inside is original, then it's a 1930. In any case, she looks to be in mint or damn near mint condition. No refurb needed here at all.

I don't care if it was brought by aliens or slipped in by the tooth fairy. I'm tickled pink.

TL

Last week... 34g...
$CAM00522.jpg
This week, so far....
55 flare tip after cleanup
$CAM00520.jpg
$CAM00521.jpg
And the best so far, what ive been wanting for some time now...$CAM00519.jpg
And on the way, a 64 slim adjustable,
Red tip superspeed, a LC ball end NEW, and 4 other user grade superspeeds of various years and models including a black handle.
:) what a week.
Done getting more for a while i think. Got some serious testing to do!!

Oh and cant forget the soaps!!!
$CAM00523.jpg

Also hundred packs of Gillette platinum, GSB, Gillette super platinum, 3x Personna labs, med preps, supermax platinum, supermax super platinum, supermax titanium, and i cant remember if thats all but thats enough for my lifetime with all else i have.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom