What's new

December 2014 Acquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Received: Coates sandalwood tube & Coates teatree tube.

In transit: block of razorock artisan mentolipto & sigma 30mm lens for micro 4/3 camera

Later this month: RV ivory emillion with 26mm shavemac 2-band silver tip

Found some NOS RR LOA chianti lavender & mughetto di bologna. Oh happy day!

Was lucky enough to pick up my grail razor from the BST, which arrived a few moments ago.

Merkur Vision 2000

$SAM_0281.JPG

Will have to wait until tomorrow to try it, arrived just after I have shaved for the day :lol:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
attachment.php
Now, I'm waiting on a[FONT=&amp] Oak Wood Wall multi-level Shelf for my Den.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]This is a nice looking wood shelf with 4 different shelves on it that will fit all my shaving 'stuff' & [/FONT][FONT=&amp]accoutrements'. The shelf measures 20½in wide by 24in high by 5½in deep. The shelf depth is 5in and there are 4 slotted holes on the back for easy hanging w/ nails or screws on the wall. [/FONT]:thumbsup:

attachment.php
attachment.php

proxy.php
[FONT=&amp]"Between the wish and thing lies waiting". Popular Proverb[/FONT]

PS Pics to follow when I finish my Shave Den (only need to re-do the floors, walls & pedestal basin area [funds available of course]).

Last edited:
This month so far
Rescaled Wade and Butcher Straight
Custom Strop from a fellow member!!
MdC Fougere sample
Boellis Panama Sample
Nathan Clark Custom brush(already traded away)

Gillette NEW Long Comb, with ball-end handle from local antique mall. Pretty close to mint condition, original lacquer, only a few faint scratches. Nice deal for five bucks! :w00t:

$IMG_2150.jpg

Semogue 1800

Semogue Owners Club - ash handle

Gillette NEW LC courtesy of forum member AnthonyD

Waiting on Speick AS and shave stick. Should be here later in the week.

Haven't gone to the antique fair in months. Decided to stroll out there and wish some of the vendors an early merry Christmas & New year. To my surprise I found a slim adjustable I-1 at 11am. (Passed and a 58' TV special & ABC empire razor)

I don't buy a lot of safety razors, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity given by a member of the Portuguese forum, to acquire a NOS Mulcuto Schrägschnitt:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I used it today for the first time, and it proved itself a very effective yet reasonably mild slant. I generally enjoy slants, due to the higher blade rigidity and improved effectiveness, and this one was still a very pleasant surprise.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Yesterday I purchased a Schick Injector from the BST, as it was one of the types of razors I have not yet tried. Remembering that I had seen some Injector blades at a local pharmacy, I went this morning to check them out.

Alas, nothing on the shelf where they used to be. :sneaky2:

However, the casheir took me to the "junk" bin for everything that is marked down......
proxy.php

Methinks I did well... very well.

The benefits of waking in the middle of the night with an iPad at the bedside: This Y2 1953 President, in close to unused condition, showed up on eBay as a Buy-it-Now at about 2:00am a few days ago. Click at $12.95 plus shipping. The photos in the listing were not great, so I was delighted at the condition. Sometimes, we can get lucky. Now, I must get lucky and find a No. 15 set at similar price.
View attachment 531624View attachment 531620View attachment 531621View attachment 531622View attachment 531623
I am guessing that a correct case for this will cost far more than I paid for the razor unless I get lucky again.

My "Speick Schatzkiste" arrived today (google translate that). Along with a birth year super speed I "won" on ebay. (Does anyone actually win there?)

Gonna smell like an alpine plant tomorrow....

View attachment 531663

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom