What's new

Has your face changed?

So, as a spare/travel/secondary razor, i have been using a Parker Shavette (pretty irregular/occasional use, as I currently shave mainly with my straight razor).

I purchased it for my travels across Europe last year as i wanted to maintain my shaving standards and not use a cartridge razor.
When i purchased the shavette, it came with Shark half blades.
I loaded the Parker shavette with the Shark half blades and had a pretty good shave. When i went for my travels all my shaves were good also.
Now, just over a year later, whenever i use my shavette with the Shark blades, for whatever reason, on my neck area, post shave my face feels 'red raw'! Irritated, its just a very bad shave (and it seems to knick my face easier to!). As i mentioned, i don't use my shavette very often, but i just can't believe that i get such a bad shave, when using the exact same setup a year ago it was great. This is regardless of whether the blade is fresh or not, or the soap/cream/brush i use.

So my question is - have you had some piece of shaving equipment that you used for a while that worked great for you, that just totally sucks for you now? (for whatever reason).

I am thinking i'll need to buy a razor sample pack and just try a whole bunch of blades now to find a new one that works well in my shavette. Im getting a new DE anyway, so i may as well go through the blade testing process with both.

Not for me. I have found the exact opposite: razors that I thought were just average all of a sudden I like.

I have had similar experiences in the past. I used to shave with Astra SP's, I had no problem with them but later after a couple months I noticed they started to pull and give me irritations etc. I switched over to Permasharps and I have had no problems with them.

+1 on Euro's post! I switched to Wilkinson's mainly and GSB's on occasion instead of Astra SP's and it has been smooth sailing since.

Top Bottom