What's new

The 2014 Badger & Blade Awards

I'm wondering how the winners will change year-by-year, but that's a questions for (obviously) next year. Soaps, for example, may have to win based on yearly popularity or perhaps be limited to 1 win, unless there's been a formula change or something.

Otherwise we may as well just give all of the next 10 soap awards to Arko, right? :001_tt2::lol:

This could be expensive for me. I already have a Saddleback briefcase almost exactly the same as the one you reviewed, and now I just ordered one of those Craft and Lore belts. I shudder to think what your next award will be.

t

Great reads so far,we may need a wiki page to keep track of these things moving forward. Love the write ups so far, can't wait to see the reat. Thanks Joel and Nick, for putting this together, will be a great addition to the yearly calender of events at B&B

Great idea! I second the idea that these be archived in a wiki and that, like the Academy Awards, we maybe get to see the nominees?

Anyone else feel the urge to own every winning item for 2014?

Heck yeah! The father/son Zowada razors are at the top of the list!!! And the Saville Row brush looks amazing!!! I have a Tony Miller strop. It's the only one I've ever had, so I can't personally compare it to others. But I will say it's a lot of fun to use and is part of the reason I keep using my straights.

The C&S I'm not so sure about. I have the Oxford and Cambridge EdT and to me it smells like 'eau de Raid'. Yep, bug spray. And I am a lavender FAN!!! Maybe the soap is different and better, but I'm gonna stick to what I already have for now. Especially at that price. But my mileage varied on this one :)

The belt and brief case look very nice. Might consider those when the next need arises.

Overall it's a pretty good list. He's really done a great job of thoughtfully looking through products and explaining his selection reasoning. Hats off!!!

Hey guys,

Keep the comments coming! This project was definitely a labor of love, and will become an annual B&B regular, so please keep letting us know your thoughts on the reviews, as well as what you'd like to see for the 2015 awards! We're glad to see that this project is being well received. :thumbup1:

-Nick

Top Bottom