What's new

Gotta Have It/Don't Bother

Hey All, I have been doing this DE razor/shaving soap/shaving brush thing for about 4 months now, so I still consider myself a "noob" and I am loving it. I have received so much helpful advice here and I am very grateful for it.

So, for all the other noobs and really, just for the fun of it, what is the one soap that no matter what, you believe everybody has got to have in their den and what is the one soap that you would say "don't bother" to.

I think we all know that YMMV is a given but if you could only recommend one to try and recommend one to avoid, what would they be?

There needs to be this thread in a more general forum, not just soaps.

For soaps? Speick stick.

Don't bother? I'd have a list a hundred soaps long that many people would disagree with (CoughPalmoliveCough).

The bench press of the shaving soap world: VDH Deluxe
The standing on a bosu ball cleans: Nivea Sensitive (works good, but I hate the smell so much)

Gotta have it: Cella or Proraso

Even if you don't use these very often they are so well known that they are used as standards, to wit: "(X soap) lathers like Cella," or "It has more menthol than Proraso Green."

Don't bother: MWF

Yes, I know that it has a gazillion fans, but I find it to be overrated. It's not that it's bad, it's just that there are so many better options. IMHO of course, and as always, YMMV.

--Bob

Top Bottom