What's new

New Star Wars trailer.IS OUT!

Thanks for sharing. Showed the kids, they're giddy, until they saw the date. JJ Abrams should revitalize a whole new generation of fans. Just look at what he's done with Star Trek. Look forward to this one.

Gave me goose bumps!
I rolled my eyes when I read this, but I got goosebumps at the theme song.

X-Wings flying that close to the water? Sick!!!

That being said, Sith Lord looked like he was overacting. Same with the first guy. That is expected from a Disney production. They fail at hiring decent actors.

It's only a quick glimpse but I am not sure about that lightsaber:blink: The X-Wings flying low over the water looked great though:thumbup1:

It's only a quick glimpse but I am not sure about that lightsaber:blink: The X-Wings flying low over the water looked great though[emoji106]1:
I can see how it would be effective. No more arm blocking like they always do!

How they built the thing is another question. And why is it not containing the light like other sabers?! Lol

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
proxy.php

I don't think I noticed any lens flare in that teaser. :)

Yes, needs more lens flare. I asked my geek son about it and he went on and on about the hamster-ball droid, the "new" storm trooper helmets which were already done in some mock-up version, the light sabre that looks like it would do more damage to the wielder than the target, the cool looking square satellite dish (or something) on the Millenium Falcon...
Did I mention my son's a geek?

I don't know gents. Sure, Disney could Aladdin-ise this thing to death but with the horrid feedback the three prequels drew from hardcore fans I hope they don't make those mistakes this time. I get why the prequels had the too glossy look to them. The Republic was allegory to Byzantium. Constantinople at its height. The originals were the story of the people surviving in the rubble of what was left. It had a gritty, slightly dirty look to it that was captured fabulously by Lucas. Not to mention the top shelf acting by the main and supporting cast. If there was one thing the prequels did wrong it was try to make the content a little less adult and the violence less realistic so as not to offend parents of younger kids. While Star Wars was certainly no gore fest the saloon scene where Ben Kenobi took off the arm of the thug and Han blasted Guido before he could shoot first was much more adult oriented. I think from the look of the trailer they may have gone more toward this route but who knows? And yes, I understand this is the rambling wishes of a guy who is dying to relive yesteryear when we all thought we could be Han or Luke. Fingers crossed.

Dumb question...what is the time period of this one...I assume its more sequel-like as the 3 original members are involved...but, if so, what may the story line be?

Afaik, it will be set 30 years after Darth Vader's and Darth Sidious' demise and it will follow a renegade stormtrooper.

I don't know gents. Sure, Disney could Aladdin-ise this thing to death but with the horrid feedback the three prequels drew from hardcore fans I hope they don't make those mistakes this time. I get why the prequels had the too glossy look to them. The Republic was allegory to Byzantium. Constantinople at its height. The originals were the story of the people surviving in the rubble of what was left. It had a gritty, slightly dirty look to it that was captured fabulously by Lucas. Not to mention the top shelf acting by the main and supporting cast. If there was one thing the prequels did wrong it was try to make the content a little less adult and the violence less realistic so as not to offend parents of younger kids. While Star Wars was certainly no gore fest the saloon scene where Ben Kenobi took off the arm of the thug and Han blasted Guido before he could shoot first was much more adult oriented. I think from the look of the trailer they may have gone more toward this route but who knows? And yes, I understand this is the rambling wishes of a guy who is dying to relive yesteryear when we all thought we could be Han or Luke. Fingers crossed.

I agree. I definitely think a more gritty look to the fill will help to calm maintain the vision of Lucas.

Top Bottom