What's new

New Star Wars trailer.IS OUT!

Man, this has as much potential to suck as it does to be awesome.
Ok, my thought are as follows, no order, no particular relevance, just thinking out loud.

I straight up got chills seeing the Falcon and hearing the music.
X-Wings tearing over the water? Awesome. And scary.
I'm super pumped to see this new Sith lord.
I'm really excited about seeing the more familiar, old, beat up and grimy world of the original trilogy realized with modern technology. CGI is not inherently bad, but they really pooched it with the prequels. It was like watching a cartoon. Abrams Star Trek movies looked incredible, so hopefully those weren't just a fluke. A nice mix of CG and practical effects, hopefully.
That lightsaber looks both incredibly stupid, and super badass all at the same time.
Not sure about the Segway droid, we'll see I guess.

THE FALCON! JOHN WILLIAMS! WOOOOO!

Ok. I'm gonna go watch it about a dozen more times.

Man, this has as much potential to suck as it does to be awesome.
Ok, my thought are as follows, no order, no particular relevance, just thinking out loud.

I straight up got chills seeing the Falcon and hearing the music.
X-Wings tearing over the water? Awesome. And scary.
I'm super pumped to see this new Sith lord.
I'm really excited about seeing the more familiar, old, beat up and grimy world of the original trilogy realized with modern technology. CGI is not inherently bad, but they really pooched it with the prequels. It was like watching a cartoon. Abrams Star Trek movies looked incredible, so hopefully those weren't just a fluke. A nice mix of CG and practical effects, hopefully.
That lightsaber looks both incredibly stupid, and super badass all at the same time.
Not sure about the Segway droid, we'll see I guess.

THE FALCON! JOHN WILLIAMS! WOOOOO!

Ok. I'm gonna go watch it about a dozen more times.
You captured my thoughts exactly! Just watched the trailer with my 10 year old son and he thought it was awesome. We made plans to go see it. [emoji3]

I'm not a huge Star Wars geek but those X-wings skimming the water, that badass lightsaber and the Millennium Falcon tearing through the sky with the theme music playing made me feel like a kid again. Can't wait to see it.

Btw the Verge.com has a nice breakdown of the trailer (yes, I had to read it after seeing the trailer). Btw was that Benedict Cumberbatch narrating the trailer?

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/28/...pisode-vii-trailer-tells-us-about-the-galaxys

Last edited:
My eyes lit up and a huge smile broke out on my face when the Millenium Falcon appeared and the John Williams music started.

The bouncy-ball droid and the ridiculous light saber are bad omens, but please, please, please, let this one be good....

proxy.php

No kidding.

Legion

Staff member
My housemate reckons if the director screws it up he should forever be known as Jar Jar Abrams.

Hopefully it will be better than the Star Trek movies. We know they can make it look good, but what about the script?

I really want to like it, but I wasn't impressed with the trailer. We all know there are big improvements in cg. Heck look at transformers for instance, but give a hint of story. Storm troopers were all clones, and the first one they showed was quite different from the other movies, and the idea of thecrossguard on a lightsaber made of the same plasma as the blade is pretty far off the mark. Unfortunately for my viewing pleasure, I am way too critical of technical screwups like that. I really hope they don't completely botch this one.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
when I saw the soccer ball with the robot head rolling around I thought it was a parody....guess not!

talk about teaser....A full year away!

Gents, I tried to grab a screen shot of the pilot in the X wing from the trailer but it says I cannot since it is DRM protected. This would have made a good lock screen image for my Tab 7. Anyone know of images in the clear?

Gents, I tried to grab a screen shot of the pilot in the X wing from the trailer but it says I cannot since it is DRM protected. This would have made a good lock screen image for my Tab 7. Anyone know of images in the clear?
Here is one screenshot for every second of the scene:
proxy.php
proxy.php

Last edited:
I have to say I am an AVID star wars fan. I was very apprehensive when I learned of the Disney Lucas merger..... and unfortunately I think this trailer confirmed my fears. I didn't see anything that blew my mind. I've read and reread the books that follow return of the jedi and they are spectacular!!! If you want a real peek into how Leia and Han solo read "the courtship of princess leia" but I fear this movie will tragically miss all those delicious bits the books so eloquently gave us.

I really want to like it, but I wasn't impressed with the trailer. We all know there are big improvements in cg. Heck look at transformers for instance, but give a hint of story. Storm troopers were all clones, and the first one they showed was quite different from the other movies, and the idea of thecrossguard on a lightsaber made of the same plasma as the blade is pretty far off the mark. Unfortunately for my viewing pleasure, I am way too critical of technical screwups like that. I really hope they don't completely botch this one.
I said the same thing about the clones, who is that guy? Of course, Han and Luke both wore storm trooper armor(albeit, a little ill-fittingly). I do think the lightsaber looked cool. why is it implausible?
My first impression when disney bought this was that they will probably make some entertaining films. Not great, like episodes 4,5,and 6, but more enjoyable than 1,2, and 3, though I think I rank those prequels higher than most. I know, I know Jar Jar Binks, and both actors who played Anakin were terrible, but I liked them, and the insight they gave to the whole story, even if they lacked in certain areas. Let's face it, Mark Hammel was awful whiny, and the cheese between him, Leia and Han was stinkier than much of what comes out of France. Go disney!

Bahomebrew , good points. Agreed, the Anakin actors were lacking. Liam Neeson and Ewan Macgregor were superb. I think it would be a mistake to get away from the English-ness of the originals and to a lesser extent the prequels. Can anyone imagine a Palpatine type character who didn't speak with that stage style pronunciation?

I feel no matter how much they may want to go the unknown route like the first movie they need a heavyweight presence like Geoffrey Rush to anchor the senior characters. Alec Guinness was surely the leveling presence in A New Hope. I can remember the audible gasps in the the cinema house when he was cut down by Vader. Everyone felt like they had been kicked in the guts. They need this emotional attachment to the characters like the originals. No one was connected to a grown Anakin. At certain points you wanted Obi Wan to give him a light sabre enema. No one wanted Luke to fail. And who was not rooting for Han to come around? If there is one thing I hope not to see, the one thing that would ensure doom, would be the near obligitory hero-runs-in-slow-motion-from-impending-explosion scene. Fingers crossed.

Top Bottom