What's new

Antique store surprise! Aristocrats?

Hello.i received some surprise birthday gifts from my in-laws today. They new i'd seen some vintage razors at a store and they bought them. Can anyone please confirm what these are. Based on the serial numbers on one and the look of the other i'm thinking that one is the 1934 Aristocrat and the 1946/47 version.

Your input is appreciated

Here they are

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 177
On the one with the comb:

Below the comb:
Pat No 1956175
REISSUE PAT NO18955

Above the Twist:
PAT NOS 1912461 1918227
1919794 1922072

The other one has no numbers at all on it

On the one with the comb:

Below the comb:
Pat No 1956175
REISSUE PAT NO18955

Above the Twist:
PAT NOS 1912461 1918227
1919794 1922072

The other one has no numbers at all on it

The ShaveWiki has a dating section for the OC Aristocrats. IIRC, anything with 4 or5 patent #'s is post 1936. I might be wrong though.

Very nice razors. Awesome in-laws, too.

Definitely are. The both had a little stiffness to the TTO, but work well enough. I guess i determined correctly what i've got?

Also, the older OC has me a bit concerned regarding the way the razor sits. The blade litteraly sticks straight out of the gap without curvature. I am wondering if the TTO mechanism isn't bending it correctly anymore.

You should post this picture in the DE razor subsection of the forum. The guys there will definitely be interested.

Not sure if the OC one is an Aristocrat or a Senator or Sheraton, perhaps? Nice razors, either way. Pretty rare to find these in the wild, especially in that condition. Congrats.

You should post this picture in the DE razor subsection of the forum. The guys there will definitely be interested.

Not sure if the OC one is an Aristocrat or a Senator or Sheraton, perhaps? Nice razors, either way. Pretty rare to find these in the wild, especially in that condition. Congrats.

Thanks! Will do. Btw just used the non-OC a moment ago. Great Shaver!!! May be my new favorite. Was using Meecur HD

Definitely are. The both had a little stiffness to the TTO, but work well enough. I guess i determined correctly what i've got?

Also, the older OC has me a bit concerned regarding the way the razor sits. The blade litteraly sticks straight out of the gap without curvature. I am wondering if the TTO mechanism isn't bending it correctly anymore.
Nice Aristos, can you take a pic of the blade sticking out?

Top Bottom