What's new

Simple way to track shaves

It's a good idea; I sometimes see dice in guys' den photographs, and they look cool. But not for me. I decide on each shave as I go into the can to shower and shave. After each shave, I do assess the results. If not the closest shave, I bin the blade; I pick a new one the next time I shave. No need for a die, which I'd forget to turn anyway. A spreadsheet? Not in this non-tech life-time.

Use one of these

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417152102.894452.jpg

I shave until I feel drag, then change.
That's the way to go, but too many of us suffer from OCD... For two years, I used Google calendar to track the shaves in great detail. Crazy!

I make notches on the wrapper and place the latter under the razor with that blade. See the picture below.
$IMG_1663.jpg

Last edited:
That's the way to go, but too many of us suffer from OCD

Well, stop that then.

I also shave until I feel that it's time to switch the blade. And then I start with a new blade. I also use just one razor, and that makes things easier.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I use a spreadsheet to track all my shaving stuff.

That's what I do. I also do reports out of it to see how many shaves I get out of X blades and which combo works best. So far, the Schick blades are my top blade compared to the Personna schick as an example...

That's what I do. I also do reports out of it to see how many shaves I get out of X blades and which combo works best. So far, the Schick blades are my top blade compared to the Personna schick as an example...

I also track what razor/blade combo works best. Spreadsheet has helped me a lot.

Better than a three sided die.... the table marker from a churrascaria (Brazilian steakhouse)!

proxy.php

green up (1)
yellow sideways (2)
red up (3 and out)

:w00t:

This topic recently came up when I told my wife I was using a variety of different blades and was having trouble keeping track of how many shaves I had on each blade. Of course I had a number of extremely complex methods I was considering, when my wife said "Why don't you just put a permanent marker pen near your blades and put a mark on the blade after each use, thereby knowing how many shaves you have on each blade."
Now I use this method and it works perfectly. Leave it to a wife to employ the old axiom KISS (keep it simple stupid).

Last edited:
This topic recently came up when I told my wife I was using a variety of different blades and was having trouble keeping track of how many shaves I had on each blade. Of course I had a number of extremely complex methods I was considering, when my wife said "Why don't you just put a permanent marker pen near your blades and put a mark on the blade after each use, thereby knowing how many shaves you have on each blade."
Now I use this method and it works perfectly. Leave it to a wife to employ the old axiom KISS (keep it simple stupid).

Very good idea except that blades are wet and you have to take them out of the razor. You could just mark the blade wrapper.

Top Bottom