What's new

williams mug soap

I finally found the secret to get a rich lather out of the williams mug. This morning i did get the best shave of it, thanks to this forum and all the users. Williams mug is not the best shaving soap on the market but i can tell you that it do a great job and it's cheap, you can buy it almost every where. Guitar 10

#1 soak the puck and the brush in hot tap water for 5 to 10 min. #2 shake the brush to took the water of the brush. #3 take the puck out of the water and swirl the brush on the puck for about 45 sec. #4 put about a 1/4 inch of water in you lathering bowl or mug and swirl your brush for about 2 min . #5 take your brush and swirl it again on your puck for 30 to 45 sec. #6 swirl your brush in your lathering bowl or mug and you will get a real good lather.

Last edited:
I like Williams just fine. It's really thirsty, so use a ton of water. It's not on par with Tabac or Cella, but it is also only $1.25/puck at my local WalMart so all things considered I would say it's one of the best values out there.

Williams is a fine soap, although it does take some effort to get a good lather with it. But I will gladly pay more for something else because Williams leaves my face feeling really dry. But my skin dries easily so I'm not implying that Williams is a very drying soap.

I do have a vintage puck that I'm still going to try. Perhaps my skin won't respond as poorly to it.

Check out the Clubs and Brotherhoods section - there's a bunch of us 3017ing (and doing strange things to) a Williams puck, and there are lots of success and failure stories to learn from.

I have had no more or less problems lathering WMS as any other soap I have tried. Arco, MWF, VDH, Colonel Conk. Not a big sample but a few. I have soft water, which is a big advantage. I do not claim to be a expert at all, but that is what works for me.

I get better (slicker) lather with Williams than with Cella but Cella is easier to lather.
I face lather but use a similar "secret" with Williams, soak the puck and load lots of soap. I just "load" wetter slurry rather than a drier paste and dip the tips of the brush in water as needed.

What I love about Williams is a wet face between passes will never ruin your lather. Subsequent passes are as good as the first.

I get better (slicker) lather with Williams than with Cella but Cella is easier to lather.
I face lather but use a similar "secret" with Williams, soak the puck and load lots of soap. I just "load" wetter slurry rather than a drier paste and dip the tips of the brush in water as needed.

What I love about Williams is a wet face between passes will never ruin your lather. Subsequent passes are as good as the first.
You blaspheme!!:blink:

Now that I've said that...I will admit that MWS is a slick lather. But Cella is...well, Cella... Can't really compare the two...OK, they're both white...

I started this thread just to express my opinion about the product. Since i started using that technic for the lather i didn't had any dificulty , i have more than enough lather for 10 pass and maybe more, i have great slickness and the lather didn't disapear on the face. I understand that it might not work for everybody but for me it works perfect. It's my week soap and i used the more expensive soaps or cream on the weekend.

I have my own system of making great lather with William:

Soak boar brush
Soak puck
Swirl brush on puck for thirty seconds
Squeeze out brush
Dip brush in water
Swirl on Arko until loaded
Face lather Arko using brush
Throw Williams in garbage!!!!

LOL!

Top Bottom