What's new

Anyone use vintage injector blades?

Anyone use vintage injector blades? The reason I ask is since switching to an injector razor I only use the Schick injector blades made in China. Tried the ASR blades but found them to pull while shaving. I saw on EBay vintage injector blades made by Schick and Eversharp for sale. Anyone use them and if so how is the shave compared to the modern Schick injector blades?

The NOS Schick Plus Platinum blades are excellent, as are the Marlin injector blades. They are fully the equal of the current Schick blades, and Alan (coolbus18, our injector blade expert) likes them even better than the Chicks. The absolute best injector blades were the Personna 74 blades, which occasionally show up on eBay and on Amazon at high prices. They were made from Tungsten Steel and seem to last forever. I have personally gotten 49 shaves from one of them, and the blade is still giving good shaves.

The NOS Schick Plus Platinum blades are excellent, as are the Marlin injector blades. They are fully the equal of the current Schick blades, and Alan (coolbus18, our injector blade expert) likes them even better than the Chicks. The absolute best injector blades were the Personna 74 blades, which occasionally show up on eBay and on Amazon at high prices. They were made from Tungsten Steel and seem to last forever. I have personally gotten 49 shaves from one of them, and the blade is still giving good shaves.

Any word on the "Eversharp" injector blades that I see at times on EBAY?

I purchased a large lot of Eversharp blades when I purchased a type E razor. They work for me. To be honest I don't get a bad shave from any of the blades I have tried in the razor. Current Schicks, vintage Personna 74, vintage Schick Plus Platinum, current ASR, and vintage Eversharp all give me great shaves.

For me, The Schick Plus Platinum are the smoothest and the Personna 74 give the best longevity. I find with the Eversharp there is some tug on first pass. Subsequent passes are very smooth and the resulting shave is less irritating than stainless blades for me. I must say that I am a fan of Treet carbons. If you have tried Treet carbon blades and like them you might give them a try. I paid 5 cents a blade in bulk so I find they are a great bargain when purchased in pristine condition. I get a weeks worth of shaves from a blade. I dry the blade between use and coat the blade with a little coconut oil to prevent oxidation.

I have a box of Eversharp carbon steel injector blades and they were very rough to shave with. Lots of tugging and very uncomfortable for me. But that's me. Some guys like them.

I have a ton of new old stock Schick Twin Blades given to me by my uncle. They are super sharp, last a long time and shave great! $wm_normal_img_1516.jpeg

Top Bottom