What's new

Anybody do group fitness classes?

Just curious if any of you guys got to group classes for exercise? The charter fitness I belong to offers free group classes, and my trainer teaches a class called muscle fusion. It kicks my butt every time I go. It is a combination of cardio and interval weight lifting. I find that I push myself much harder in a group setting. (probably because my trainer puts me front and center in a room full of women :thumbup:) And it is just a much more fun way for me to break the cardio monotony of a treadmill or eliptical. I also like the social aspect of it. I work in a small office, don't go to school anymore, and don't go out to the bars much. So getting to get out with a bunch of people that I don't know a couple of times a week is a lot of fun. I'm going to be trying out a new class on Sunday called combat. Basically it looks like a lot of shadow kickboxing and a lot of pushups. Should be fun!:thumbup1:

In a way but definitely not the way you're talking about. I go to a CrossFit gym and they're all solo training in a group situation. People will also go harder in a group, misery loves company after all.

In a way but definitely not the way you're talking about. I go to a CrossFit gym and they're all solo training in a group situation. People will also go harder in a group, misery loves company after all.

I've been wanting to try some crossfit training, but I don't think I'm quite there yet. Hopefully by January or so.

I've been wanting to try some crossfit training, but I don't think I'm quite there yet. Hopefully by January or so.

You're ready right now. Everything they do from the warm up on can and will be scaled to meet your abilities.

Definitely good to know. I'll be doing some research to find a good gym to try it out at.

Just curious if any of you guys got to group classes for exercise? The charter fitness I belong to offers free group classes, and my trainer teaches a class called muscle fusion. It kicks my butt every time I go. It is a combination of cardio and interval weight lifting.

In the past I've done something called Body Pump which is very similar - low weight, high repetitions. It definitely gives you a workout!

I go to Body Pump at the local OneLife gym. I mostly just try to keep up with the super fit pregnant women and 60 yr old men.

Top Bottom