What's new

Thanksgiving Day Shave

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving Day feast with their friends and family. God bless our soldiers who can't be with their families. I started my day with a wonderful shave:

Dovo Diamant 5/8"
Custom teak burl silvertip
B&M Seville
Clubman Vanilla

I plan to spend the rest of the day relaxing, eating, napping, and watching football. What are our members at B&B doing for your pre-feast shave and plans for the day?

GFT Sandalwood Skin Food pre- & AS
GFT Sandalwood soap
D2 with a Feather

Smells like - Thanksgiving! Followed by a multi-thousand calorie meal, some honey-do's and a small glass of 18 year-old Islay scotch.

I honed up my Case Ek-Sel Straight with the Christmas tree scales last night just special for today. I was gonna dtrop up a Fili I just got from Doc226 but I want to look at the edge before my beard attacks it and my loupe is with a buddy right now.

Im gonna have a very thankful shave today! It's been a good year, so I'm going to celebrate.

I got a new puppy who turned out to have a heart problem. The docs at Auburn University Small Animal Hospital did an awesome job fixing him up with a new procedure. He recovered within a week!!

After that, I got a new great nephew who is just as healthy as he can be. And he's cute as a bug if I say so myself.

I have a safe roof over my head and no major issues other than the regular mundane things everyone else has to deal with. I have a wonderful family to share this afternoon with.

Thank you Lord for a great year!!!

Happy Thanksgiving. Once the bird is in the oven it will be time to shave.
What to choose, what to choose....
Cella
Tabac
MWF
Stirlings
Hmmm.....:001_rolle

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving everyone !!
My family and I left early this morning , just arrivved at my mother in law's house in the Poconos.
Cella
Semogue 2000
1978 Super Speed
Derby blade

Hmmm... Gonna go with:
The Fat, because that's what I will be today.
A Slim, because wishful thinking. Gotta work out tomorrow!
And finish it off with Fine American Blend because I'm thankful I live in this country!

Merkur 1904 OC with new Gillette Silver Blue
Bella Lina (local soap maker) in Teakwood & Tea
B&B Essential Boar
Witch Hazel
Nivea Sensitive ASB

$20141127_102515.jpg

Playing some flag football this morning (the girls want to play, so no tackle!)

Edit: Of course I get yelled at for taking too long. DE and Astra is what I ended up with. DFS indeed :)

Attachments

• $uploadfromtaptalk1417103019078.jpg
    $uploadfromtaptalk1417103019078.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
I made a C.O. Bigelow cream/VDH soap superlather for the heck of it.
Classic Brand Badger brush
Parker 90R w/ Feather
Clubman Original

I had a great shave this morning.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Cella
PC Wood Craft & Pens Silvertip
Joseph Allen & Sons 6/8
Whiskey Ink & Lace "The Adventurer" Aftershave

Happy Thanks Giving

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!

Got the eighteen pounder in the oven. It's for eight people (Mom wanted lots of leftovers....)

Then a shower and shave.

Simpson Case soaked in Georgetown Pottery scuttle while showering. Tabac resting with a thin layer of warm water to soften. Hop out of the shower and lay a swipe or two of Tabac stick on the beard. Swirl away with the Case on the bowl of Tabac. Face lather a nice layer of creamy goodness... ummmmmm

Now to pick a razor. I hadn't shaved in about three days. Decisions, decisions.... Birth quarter Super Speed? not enough umph. Fatboy? I will resemble that soon enough. OC Aristocrat? Senator? Sheraton? Then I spy the #77, the perfect choice for the morning. Aggressive enough for the growth and a fine looking implement.

Away we go.... Three passes, a bit of touch up on the jaw. The Case rested between passes in the GP scuttle. Warm Tabac layer after layer.... This is really good.

A cold water rinse, a bit of alum. Captain's Choice Bay Rum. The shave is complete and refreshing. A great way for this wonderful day to begin.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving with family and friends. If you can't get together today, then I hope you get a chance to soon. If you can't get together, then from me to you I hope you have a good Thanksgiving day. Have a great shave!

Happy Thanksgiving.
Today I will be using the following.
VdH Razor
AoS Cream Lavender
AoS Fine Badger Handmade Ivory Colour
AoS Lavender Balm
Have a good day.

I'm traveling so I stuck with a modified version of my "go bag".

LASS Bespoke subbed in for Arko
Omega Synthetic
DE89 with a Feather
Alum
Neutrogena balm

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Nick

Happy Thanksgiving all. I'm cooking, but did most of the prep yesterday. Bird just went in the oven, and taking the dog for a walk for some pre-eating exercise. Then it's shower and shave:

LASS Bespoke
Simpson Colonel
EJ89 with a Derby
Clubman

Following dinner a splash of Buffalo Trace and some football.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Today's shave was:
Haslinger Schafsmilch
My recently acquired Gillette NEW
7 O'clock black blade
Finished it off with a splash of Clubman original

It was my first shave with shave with the NEW and it was a fantastic, clean, and comfortable shave.

I have to be at work soon so no big dinner for me. The wife will be stopping by to bring dinner tonight, which is a special treat, and then on Saturday we will have our own, slightly delayed feast of roasted duck.

Top Bottom