What's new

Barrister & Mann La Vanille

Hey guys so i was going to purchase the barrister & mann leviathan scent when someone told me about the LA VANILLE, not to be confused with the Vanille.. i was wondering if anyone out there knows what this scent is? im really curious and i cant find the answers anywhere on the internet. plz help.

I picked up a few more tubs this morning, so I might have enough to use it everyday for awhile. Man, I love this scent.
$IMG_20141201_125623.jpg

Yea I picked up a tub as well. Totally bummed about the dickens soap. I wanted it. I even woke up at 6am and it was already sold out. So sad. :(

Yea I picked up a tub as well. Totally bummed about the dickens soap. I wanted it. I even woke up at 6am and it was already sold out. So sad. :(

I believe the Dickens will be available again at the end of the week. You could contact Will and have him hold shipping the Lavanille until the Dickens is available again.

For me, the Lavanille is enough. I have adopted it as my signature soap.

Oh perfect.. No i wanted the B&M LA VANILLE as well.. ill probably just buy the dickens once it is available again.. thanks for letting me know.

got my La Vanille today though and just shaved with it 3 hours ago.. Its a real interesting scent.. really musky and dank... feels like i would get this scent in like a old mansion plus undertones haha.. I really didnt like it at first at all.. like i opened the tub took a whiff and was grossed out.. but i dunno, there something about once i shaved with it i keep cupping my face to get a whiff of it..like i dont like it but i do.. its soo weird.. this is my first B&M soap and i must say. the lather and shave was soo spot on.. and the post shave has left my face smooth and hydrated.. i cant say im a fan just yet but its growing on me already..

Let me know if there's any scent in particular you would like to try, I have most and am local to you.

got my La Vanille today though and just shaved with it 3 hours ago.. Its a real interesting scent.. really musky and dank... feels like i would get this scent in like a old mansion plus undertones haha.. I really didnt like it at first at all.. like i opened the tub took a whiff and was grossed out.. but i dunno, there something about once i shaved with it i keep cupping my face to get a whiff of it..like i dont like it but i do.. its soo weird.. this is my first B&M soap and i must say. the lather and shave was soo spot on.. and the post shave has left my face smooth and hydrated.. i cant say im a fan just yet but its growing on me already..

Thanks for posting the thread about Lavanille. I sort of feel the same way about other scents Will has done. There's an indecisiveness but pleasure from them. The great shaves certainly help! My first sniff of Leviathan was a little confusing, but it really becomes a great scent when lathering. For basic, uncomplicated scents, Lime/Lavender/Cedarwood is a good option.

I personally love B&M soaps, and agree 100% most of Will's scents are very complex. I have not used Lavanille yet though I own it, and planned on using it in about 6 hours. What is everyone doing for an after shave ? I agree the scent is very unique and dank and a bit dark. I guess that is the leather note that Mousse de Saxe had that was the backbone for Lavanille. I have no clue as to what will compliment this soap for an after shave. I'd love to hear what others have used. Thanks !

Fascinating sounding soap. I may have to try this. I love the others I've tried: Leviathan, and both Fougeres.

I personally love B&M soaps, and agree 100% most of Will's scents are very complex. I have not used Lavanille yet though I own it, and planned on using it in about 6 hours. What is everyone doing for an after shave ? I agree the scent is very unique and dank and a bit dark. I guess that is the leather note that Mousse de Saxe had that was the backbone for Lavanille. I have no clue as to what will compliment this soap for an after shave. I'd love to hear what others have used. Thanks !
Will recommends pour un homme de caron. I found a deal on this last week, but it hasn't arrived, so I cannot recommend.

Will recommends pour un homme de caron. I found a deal on this last week, but it hasn't arrived, so I cannot recommend.

Funny you say this ! I spoke to Will today and he recommended the same to me and I found it on Amazon both the after shave and the EDT both for about $40 a piece. He also recommended Agua Lavanda by Puig if price was an issue as well as he felt it was just an amazing scent as well. I ordered that as well; it was only $10 !

For today's shave I ended up using a combination of Pinaud's classic vanilla and followed it up with L'Occitane original (lavender) which actually smelled excellent ! I almost wonder if I needed to buy anything. The one thing I will say is the soap is much "darker" than a straight lavender or, vanilla scent......there is a very musk like aroma in there as well that is eluding my nose...... so that said I really wish I could figure out that scent. The closest I came to it was in my EDT which I wore Eucris today..... which also has that dark black currant and caraway scent. It is a long that line but not quiet.

Is there an Agua Lavanda aftershave splash?

After my last post I spoke to Will again on FB and the Agua Lavanda that coes in a 25.5 oz. body "splash" he specifically said works very well as an after shave. There is btw an actual Puig Agua Lavanda EDT that comes in a glass green bottle that I also believe is a splash. I am speculating, but the EDT may have too much fragrance and or, alcohol hence the recommendation for the body splash. I also bought the Pour un Home de Caron after shave, and EDT as I wanted to see which paired best to Lavanille which has that dark note to it as well as the lavender and vanilla. My gut tells me Pour un Homme de Caron will be the winner as Lavanille is a homage to Mousse de Saxe which is associated with Pour un Homme de Caron as the perfume base.

I do have Pour un Homme aftershave and edt, and agree that it pairs well with Lavanille. Reason I asked about the Puig is that I am running low on the Pour un Homme aftershave; was wondering if there was something close for less cost.

Barrister & Mann La Vanille.. first let me say the first time i lathered this soap up i was out right grossed out, i was thinking OMG i spent so much money on this now what am i going to do.. thinking my only option was to use it up i put it in my rotation. the second time i lathered it up holy cow.. the smell was fantastic!! i dont know if there was extra musk on top when poured or what, but the second time i lathered it.. i got the best smell EVER! and i must say its my favorite scent now..enough to that i dont even put on an aftershave.. just an unscented witch hazel w/ aloe.. then take some extra lather on the tip of my finger and just smear it on my neck as a cologne haha..

I do have Pour un Homme aftershave and edt, and agree that it pairs well with Lavanille. Reason I asked about the Puig is that I am running low on the Pour un Homme aftershave; was wondering if there was something close for less cost.

Yes the Agua Lavanda I bought is a "splash" that comes in a 25.5 ounce plastic bottle. Will said this splash is great when used as an after shave. I paid $10 plus I think $2.95 in shipping, great price ! But I believe PuH is going to pair better with Lavanille as it has a closer scent association with PuH than Agua Lavanda. So yes there is a splash available.

Top Bottom