What's new

Rooney Stubby or Beehive?

Which handle do you prefer from Rooney -- the Stubby or the Beehive? Trying to decide between the Stubby 2 or 3 and Beehive 2.

Thanks, John

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I have to say Stubby, but only because I am not a fan of the beehive shape. I do like my Rooney Stubby 1

Never tried a Beehive but I really liked the handle on the Stubby 2. Unfortunately I did not have luck finding one without shedding issues.

I like the beehive :)

It fits my hand better. The stubby has a lot more scrub, though, than the beehive. You can't go wrong with either.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I have had both a Stubby and Beehive, both are very nice, but sold them, as I did not like the Heritage three band hair. If only they would bring back the Heritage two band, I would buy the beehive again.

Heritage 3-band hair is the same as Super grade. I have a Style 1 with this hair and I really like it - soft and scrubby with a hint of scritch. Not as much backbone as what the 2-band hair had, or as much density as the Heritage models from 2010 and earlier. Still, this is the highest quality hair that Rooney offers today and it's one of my favorites.

$IMG_3821.JPG

Last edited:
The Stubby 3 is very nice and the Beehive is surprisingly comfortable, but I just don't really like the look of the latter.
Good luck.

I like the Stubby but I have to be honest of all the beehive shapes (which I'm not really a fan of) the Rooney Beehive looks the best. Both have great hand feel/presence but the Beehive is very secure feeling with its bumps.

Oh...and the stubby 3 is a monster!!! So if you have big ole hands the 3 might be a good option. I'm 5'5" and 150# so the stubby 3 was too big. It's the only style of Rooney heritage that I no longer own. For me, the 2 is better than the 3 for the size reason. I don't have shedding issues with my 2.

If I had to pick one based on size and aesthetics, I think it would be the Stubby 2. I like the look of the Beehive less but others have said it's very comfortable in hand.

Stock Badger and Blade answer is BOTH!

The knots are going to be different. Stubby is going to be more dense, larger, and with a shorter loft:knot ratio.

Choose from there!

Top Bottom