What's new

At what point do you start using mustache wax?

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Before Pinaud wax

After Pinaud wax. Maybe I didn't use enough. First time! Probably won't see a difference this early on.

Before Pinaud wax

After Pinaud wax. Maybe I didn't use enough. First time! Probably won't see a difference this early on.

Maybe not enough wax.. did you also sweep to the sides as you applied it, to help style it a little bit? Working from the middle out on either side, so eventually you'll get tips you can handlebar, if you let it keep growing?

At your stage it is just for general keeping in place, you don't want it gummy, just set, as long as you don't have hairs going wonky, and they stay in that style your good. Plus as you comb more as your training a quick dollop and your good. Just my opinion but the comb and brush with the Pinaud is meh. I would invest in a Kent mustache comb, doesn't clog, very fine tines, indestructible, good contriol. WCS has them for 5.50. I've tried others and this one is great

At your stage it is just for general keeping in place, you don't want it gummy, just set, as long as you don't have hairs going wonky, and they stay in that style your good. Plus as you comb more as your training a quick dollop and your good. Just my opinion but the comb and brush with the Pinaud is meh. I would invest in a Kent mustache comb, doesn't clog, very fine tines, indestructible, good contriol. WCS has them for 5.50. I've tried others and this one is great

+1 on the Kent comb. I love mine.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Maybe not enough wax.. did you also sweep to the sides as you applied it, to help style it a little bit? Working from the middle out on either side, so eventually you'll get tips you can handlebar, if you let it keep growing?

Kind of. I used the little comb/brush it came with. Not so much my fingers. I have no plans to shave it at this point. But I'm also not 100% on the handlebar. I like the fullness and for lack of a better term "cop look" of it.
I think at this point I just want to keep it out of my mouth. When the little hairs tickle my lip it drives me nuts.

Kind of. I used the little comb/brush it came with. Not so much my fingers. I have no plans to shave it at this point. But I'm also not 100% on the handlebar. I like the fullness and for lack of a better term "cop look" of it.
I think at this point I just want to keep it out of my mouth. When the little hairs tickle my lip it drives me nuts.

The waxes will definitely do that job. That's what I use it for. I don't handlebar mine... at least not yet. lol

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member

I've got a Kent OT that I use on my mustache all the time. Its my mustache comb. Didn't use it this time though.

That's the cool thing about a Stache. It is all yours I had a regular Stach and goatee for a bit, decided to shave off the goat, do a HB or some days I just comb it down. Tons of options and if you try a handlebar and don't like, well trim and snip. That's the beauty it's all yours.

Moustache on!:euro::euro:

have a great thanksgiving!

Last edited:

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
That's the cool thing about a Stache. It is all yours I had a regular Stach and goatee for a bit, decided to shave off the goat, do a HB or some days I just comb it down. Tons of options and if you try a handlebar and don't like, well trim and snip. That's the beauty it's all yours.

Moustache on!:euro::euro:

have a great thanksgiving!

I'm planning on getting lots of gravy and dressing stuck in my stache.

First time I ever entered a contest. Not sure if it will be last or the first of more to come.

Probably about a year of growth from almost neatly trimmed to what you see here (well, back a few pages in this thread).

Neatly trimmed is an elastic concept, so you may feel free to use your wildest imagination.

"Epic" is not the word choice my wife would make (again, use your imagination, as this is supposed to be a family-friendly website).

My son, who has grown a mustache since we last got together, arrives home for the holiday in the morning. Last week, he told me he has a few mustache waxes. Now, we'll get to see what trouble I have wrought. I always assumed that he would be clean-shaven forever as a father-son backlash (gotta protest something, right?). Anyway, it's a fair trade as he is responsible for me returning to DE shaving.

Swissco makes a really nice faux tortise folding comb. The quality is about the same as Kent, but at about half the price. You can find them on Amazon and fleaBay.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
First time I ever entered a contest. Not sure if it will be last or the first of more to come.

Probably about a year of growth from almost neatly trimmed to what you see here (well, back a few pages in this thread).

Neatly trimmed is an elastic concept, so you may feel free to use your wildest imagination.

"Epic" is not the word choice my wife would make (again, use your imagination, as this is supposed to be a family-friendly website).

My son, who has grown a mustache since we last got together, arrives home for the holiday in the morning. Last week, he told me he has a few mustache waxes. Now, we'll get to see what trouble I have wrought. I always assumed that he would be clean-shaven forever as a father-son backlash (gotta protest something, right?). Anyway, it's a fair trade as he is responsible for me returning to DE shaving.

Swissco makes a really nice faux tortise folding comb. The quality is about the same as Kent, but at about half the price. You can find them on Amazon and fleaBay.

a mustache reunion!

Swissco makes a really nice faux tortise folding comb. The quality is about the same as Kent, but at about half the price. You can find them on Amazon and fleaBay.[/QUOTE]

I wa looking to pick up another one I will check it out Thanks

Top Bottom