What's new

Is this normal? J.M. Fraser shaving cream pictures

I just got a batch of this stuff, which really has a great old fashioned but citrusy barber smell! Cannot wait to try it out. But the texture is very grainy and not creamy at all. What do you guys think? Is this normal?

$IMG_2335.jpg$IMG_2333.jpg$IMG_2332.jpg

Attachments

• $IMG_2334.jpg
    $IMG_2334.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 290
well quit playing with it, :laugh: i dont know, not real sure about this one, might not look what you would expect, but heck, it might lather up just fine.

My initial thought would be that it should be fine, but i have never used or seen this cream in action. Any way you can return it or go to the store you bought it from and compare another one there? Obviously, harder to do if bought online.

Mine doesn't look like that. But it doesn't look like normal shave cream either.

I second the suggestion to use it and see how it does. It's excellent stuff.

Appreciate the responses. WCS is sending me a new tub for free :) Love them!

So far we have one verified user that says this should NOT look like this. Any other people care to opine on our subject? Any fixes?

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Appreciate the responses. WCS is sending me a new tub for free :) Love them!

So far we have one verified user that says this should NOT look like this. Any other people care to opine on our subject? Any fixes?
WCS is great to deal with. Here's a thought: I had Biotique Bio Palmyra start to dry out (with a screw-on lid!) as I was using up the tub. Before it got too far, I added a bit of distiiled water and let it sit for a day, then stirred it in. Worked like a charm!

It looks nasty but I've never bought any. If you want to try and resurrect it I'd begin by stirring it in case there is some moister cream at the bottom. If that doesn't help, try adding some water, a little at a time, continue stirring, and see what that does.

I got a sample of it once, as a throw-in from an order with WCS. It did not look like that. It was a smooth, creamy substance.

It also didn't lather at all. They (Fraser) had a notorious bad batch from the factory a couple of years ago.

I read something on Amazon about this company having some problems with quality control. That doesn't speak well of a company that has been around for a while. It looks as if it needs homogenization although it probably works as it is with a brush. I have a container of it in my office which I will check out. Do a search for this brand and you will see that the pictures of this cream don't look like this at all...

Frasers reformulated a couple of years ago and had a bad batch or two that didn't lather at all. They then tried to correct the lather issue and it has never been the same. The reformulated sucks compared to the old.

one of my original good lathering tubs looked similar to yours and I whipped it with a single beater on the hand mixer.

Definitely should not look like that. J. M. Fraser's should look and feel like meringue. Creamy, and smooth.... Not at all grainy. That batch you have there is either old or has spoiled.

I've bought this cream twice over the years. Haven't had it look like this, but it's probably just dried out a bit, try adding some water and stirring it in. Should be fine.

You may have gotten an old tub. It still may be usable once you add water.
A few years back they switch from container with a glue on label to a container with the logos painted on.
Which did you get?

Top Bottom